September 2012 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

Always a tough call...hmmm...I thought that mocha tele  :icon_thumright: that won last month was sweet yet I did not vote for it or any guitar. So... :icon_scratch: if I want another sweet guitar to win this month, I must not vote. *cough* gonçalo/alves neck *cough*  :icon_jokercolor: But really its up for grabs, anybody's game really.

I have seen a guitar with spalted maple top, but it isn't exist between the choice of top... how is it possible?

Spalted maple is not a choice you can usually make on the website.  I think it is a wood that is not in stock often enough that they could routinely offer it.    I ordered by phone after inquiring if they had any good pieces  large enough to be used in a Vee.  The fact that it has some pretty decent flame in it as well was a complete bonus. 

Its a good idea to just give Warmoth a call if you have an idea that is not found on their website.

Dave

dwiller said:
Spalted maple is not a choice you can usually make on the website.  I think it is a wood that is not in stock often enough that they could routinely offer it.    I ordered by phone after inquiring if they had any good pieces  large enough to be used in a Vee.  The fact that it has some pretty decent flame in it as well was a complete bonus. 

Its a good idea to just give Warmoth a call if you have an idea that is not found on their website.

Dave

Thanks my friend, but I live in Italy so in really difficult to order by phone!

;)

Marco78 said:
...I live in Italy so in really difficult to order by phone!

The Warmoth sales team answers the phone directly, so you're not wasting a lot of time on hold or waiting while they find someone to talk to. Also, they're very knowledgeable, so you won't waste a lot of time trying to explain what you want - they'll understand right away. What I'm trying to say is that even though it's a very long distance call for you, it's not likely to be too expensive. When you consider what you're going to spend on a body/neck/parts, it's a pretty small part of the whole project.

I'm in the UK so phoning is a bit awkward for me too. However, I've emailed them several times in the past and always received prompt, helpful replies. So there's that option too.

Cagey the major problem is that I don't be able to understand what they want to mean a phone, my english is not too good.
For now my next project is very simple, so I don't need to phone them!

Marco78 said:
Cagey the major problem is that I don't be able to understand what they want to mean a phone, my english is not too good.

At least you have a second language. Few people here do.

Cagey said:
Marco78 said:

At least you have a second language. Few people here do.

:)

Back