Sub-Tropical Soloist

Great Ape

I'm about to head south, to mid-atlantic Florida to escape the winter, fish, and enjoy my new house that I've been re-doing for the last 5 months, so I thought I ought to build an appropriately tropical guitar to commemorate the occasion...it's a spruce-on-basswood soloist with a thin walnut line dividing the laminates. It's slated to have a roasted maple-on roasted maple neck, p-90 pickups, and a Blade Runner trem bridge...for your perusal;

I'm like a broken record on your post, that is awesome  :toothy11:. It is true though. I am so darn busy I have little time for art but your posts always inspire me. I like all the dots for shading like your last pen and ink post. It looks tedious but rewarding! Enjoy the sunshine and guitar.

Thanks, guys--much appreciate the kind words...I think the color phase of the project is about done...

"Build a guitar to commemorate the occassion".

Thanks dude, gotta hit the wife up with that & see if it'll stick.  Can't hurt to try.

Just bought a house, perfect occassion to commemorate, then there's taxes, will need to build a guitar for that too.  Oh, wait, Valentines Day is coming, my birthday, Easter....

Thanks dude, I see more guitars in my future now that I have a viable argument! :headbang:

Oh yes, and stellar work too!

Jeez, Doug--read the first post, wouldja?!? (And what I forgot to mention, and what I'm looking forward to just as much as the fishing, is bow-hunting feral hogs in the swamps around Lake Washington!

Great Ape said:
Jeez, Doug--read the first post, wouldja?!? (And what I forgot to mention, and what I'm looking forward to just as much as the fishing, is bow-hunting feral hogs in the swamps around Lake Washington!
I can't read, I just look at pictures.... :laughing11:

Beautiful artwork, and great job on the coloring as well. Mind if I ask what you do for a living? I assume it must be art related.

I don't mind--I'm an illustrator...but mostly I'm retired, which gives me lots of time to fly fish and build guitars... :icon_thumright:

Back