Strat vs. Soloist: more comfortable?

Bruno

In your opinion, which body is more comfortable between strat and soloist? Ok, I know that strat & soloist have forearm contour, tummy cut and contoured heel, but which is more sinuous? My impression (I've not a soloist body!) is that soloist's more angular (so less confortable).
I wrong?

I just put a neck on my Soloist yesterday and I still haven't strung it up yet, so I can't really say. But, just holding it as if I was playing doesn't feel much different from a Strat. Perhaps if I were to sit with it for a few hours I might begin to notice the lack of a forearm contour, but I'm not worried about it. Most Telecasters are thicker/sharper, and people don't have any issues with those. My Tele has a carved top, so it's not as thick at the edges as a regular Tele, but it's just as sharp and I don't have any issues with that one.

Cagey said:
[...] Perhaps if I were to sit with it for a few hours I might begin to notice the lack of a forearm contour [...]

Just a moment Cagey, Tummy Cut and Forearm Contours are standard in Soloist. Why you talk about a lack of a forearm contour?

My Soloist is a carved top, so no forearm contour.

IMG_1486_Sm.JPG

Needs some controls and wiring, but it's otherwise ready to go. Frets and neck inserts are done. I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered it without control openings. Probably whether I should make a sandwich, go to bed, or open another beer. But, now I gotta come up with some sorta jig and a template to cut the blade switch slot. Not looking forward to that. Chances of screwing it up are higher than I like.

They are equally comfortable. One has no advantage over the other as far as "comfort".
Of course the deeper cutaway of the Soloist provides easier upper fret access.

Cagey said:

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Street Avenger said:

as to be contoured heel uselessness?

Last question: positioning of neck s-pu is closer to neck heel ? (in relation to a Strat, of course)

Bruno said:
Cagey said:

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Street Avenger said:

as to be contoured heel uselessness?

Last question: positioning of neck s-pu is closer to neck heel ? (in relation to a Strat, of course)

Well the soloist horn cut-away allows easier upper fret access, the contoured heel will remove 'meat' in the
neck pocket area also facilitating said fret access. So no, the contoured heel still plays an important part.

Some finishes are nice, but then every now & then you come across a finish like the White Pearl that takes a carved top to really make it pop.  Some finishes look great on either flat top or carved top, others like this are exceptional once it hits a carved top, just the way the like reflects it, gives it so much more depth.

Yeah, there's a lotta refraction in the finish that's exaggerated by the constantly changing angularity of the carving so that no matter how you look at it, it's different and interesting.

Back