*** STOLEN MUSIC EQUIPMENT *** STOLEN MUSIC EQUIPMENT ***

Man, fkk!! Every time I see this thread my stomach turns. I know how you feel too, man. Not on the same scale but someone broke into my car one night. Took my stereo, all my CD's and I had a full length leather coat, ala Bon Jovi, in the back seat. Before anyone makes fun of the coat, this would have been around 1987 so that was really in fashion at the time. I just felt numb and violated. I bet you feel like killing someone.

I hope something comes of this for you, man. But I think you're real enough to know that the stuff is long gone.

But hey, keep your eyes open. Little story for ya. I used to play pool professionally. One of my friends went to dinner one night after a tournament and left his cue in the back seat of his car. The cue is worth about 35,000 dollars. Yes, that is thirty five thousand dollars. A hand made custom cue by one of the most respected cuemakers in the world. Anyway, the cue got stolen out of his car. Turn the page 3 years later, a customer at his pool room calls him one night and tells him he thinks he saw his cue on Yahoo Auction. My friend logs on and sure enough, there's his cue. Easy enough to recognize because there is only one like it on this planet, but besides that there was his cue case with "Tokai Champion" embroidered down the back. There is his 35,000 dollar cue sitting on auction with a whopping starting price of .............30 bucks. He contacted the seller, turns out it was a pawn shop. He explained everything to them and they told him to come get it. He asked them why the starting price was so low and their reply was "When we bought this stuff the case looked like it was real leather so we gave the guy 30 bucks for everything. We just wanted to get our money back out of it." They had no idea what they were holding.

Anyway, it took him 3 years to be reunited with his cue so don't give up too soon.
MULLY

I'm with STDCustom on this one, I think.

My deepest sympathies  :sad1:

I think you know what to do

Volitions didn't your dragon burst LP get stolen out of your car or something too? Wasn't that you?

Death by Uberschall said:
Thanks you guys for the Sticky. I haven't given up hope yet.  :icon_thumright:
You got it. It'd be a nightmare for any of us.

DbU

Here is a little legal insight for you.......

Read your rental agreement, but...... I am almost 100% certain you can sue the proprietors of the rental storage unit

You need to establish neglegence.  And from what I have read, as long as you had a lock on your storage unit, you are not neglegent.  The owners of the rental are.  You and them are in an agreement that they will see to it that their will be no unothorized entry into your unit, and that they are to secure the area.  Hence, the fence that got cut.  The fence is the legal standpoint you have, since it is there to prevent tresspassing, which, it did not.  Yeah, man, if they aren't cutting you a check on their own YOU NEED TO FILE CIVIL PROCEEDINGS ASAP EVEN WHILE THE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION IS GOING ON!!!!!  Face facts, this is how it's gonna pan out:  If they catch the c*ckcuckers that stole your guitars, the state will demand they pay restitution...... but the restitution will be the ACTUAL VALUE (meaning what they sold the items for, not what they are worth) and you know the old saying 'you can't get blood from a stone' if they catch the persons who stole or tried to sell your stuff, well they are gonna do jail time, it is grand larceny we are talking about.... but they aren't gonna be able to pay the restitution till they are out, like what 3-5 years later?  Chances are you are never gonna see the guitars again, which freakin sucks and swallows, so you gotta go after the parties responsible for allowing the break in to begin with.  Even if they didn't 'allow' the break in, they are responsible for keeping unauthorized persons away from your stuff, which they clearly did not do.  Definately consult an attorney about this, you have a case.  Even if they don't have insurance, you can attach a lein on any and all of their properties if you get a judgement in your favor.  The principle of the 57 LP that was your Dad's should be motovation enough to take the owner to court!! Sue the bastards, it's the american way buddy!!!

I'm not a lawyer, but I think you're right. Problem might be the rental agreement - they're often full of weasel words absolving the renters/facility of all liability. But, most lawyers will give you a meeting to discuss the viability of an action without charging you for the time, so it's definitely worth looking into.

Lawyers and insurance don't bring back 1957 Les Paul's that belonged to your dad.  So sorry, man.  Even if nothing else happens, I hope that one makes it back.

It's definitely one hell of a blow like, I hope the police can make good on their leads.

I think most people on this thread are keeping an eye out on ebay and other things too though so hopefully something will turn up.

I'll continue looking on ebay.co.uk but i doubt any of it will turn up there.

Good Luck man!

Cagey said:
I'm not a lawyer, but I think you're right. Problem might be the rental agreement - they're often full of weasel words absolving the renters/facility of all liability. But, most lawyers will give you a meeting to discuss the viability of an action without charging you for the time, so it's definitely worth looking into.

The weaselwords are to scare off the timid.  Any lawyer worth a damn can prove that the weasel words aren't worth the effort it would take to spit on the rental contract.  You cannot absolve yourself of liability unilaterally simply by pushing a form contract under someone's nose.

My heart breaks for you, Uberschall.  Good luck.

Peace

Bagman
(UCLA School of Law '99)

I do some work for lawyers, though not the weasel kinds (don't think I could....). I do know that a large part of all the gobbledygook is simply designed to scare off the uninitiated, and to make it seem like the whole subject is just way too complicated for a po' l'il uneducated child like yourself. Consequently, somewhere around 80% of people don't even attempt to get reimbursements to which they are wholly entitled! This is not to say that you are, each case has it's own points, but - damn sure 100% of the people who did get money of their situation are the ones who asked for it. If you can contact as many of the other tenants as possible and start wafting around terms like "class action lawsuit" and "willful negligence" and particularly "punitive damages" you may be able to makum Great BIG Whoopie.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3805/is_199811/ai_n8810742/pg_16/
In the United States, the test for punitive damages is subjective, not objective.

"Punitive" of course means punishment, and even that's separate from the psychological trauma damages. The '57 Les Paul that your dead father willed to you? A good lawyer could have them quaking in their Gucci's, dude.

If I could get the '57 Special and the Gary Moore Les Paul back along with the Mesa, I could handle loosing the rest some what easier.
I got some good 'ol Texas asswhoopin' I can bring... :laughing7:
pistols.jpg

Mikessig.jpg

If I knew who the suspects were, I could implement operation "Death by Uberschall".. Real simple, a baseball bat and knee caps. :evil4:
Chances are, they've hit more than just your storage building in that area. They are probably wanted on several lists....

But yes, baseball bat to knees is quite an implementation... :icon_biggrin:

Ahh, but - ash, maple or hickory?  :blob7:

http://www.baseball-bats.net/baseball-bats/baseball-bat-materials/index.html

(mebbe Warmoth could... ahh never mind) :icon_smile:

Back