*** STOLEN MUSIC EQUIPMENT *** STOLEN MUSIC EQUIPMENT ***

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
They brought horses over on the Mayflower? 

Not unless you count Sarah Jessica Parker's ancestors, who through selective breeding actually invented the horse. Prior to that, horses were mythological creatures, spawned by the wild imaginings of people with too much lead and mercury in their diet.

Talk about a hijack?  Oh well, keep the party going.  Over 10% of the U.S. population are descendants of Mayflower passengers.  That means there's millions.  Here are a few:

http://www.mayflowerhistory.com/Genealogy/famousdescendants.php

it was rumored that i'm related to Bill Belichick through marriage somehow. my cousins are big Patriots fans, being that they're up in Rhode Island, but as a Redskins fan i can't say i'd be proud to be related to him. but my grandmother was the one who told me we might be related and i haven't heard about it since she passed away.

I'm supposedly related to both Abraham Lincoln and Robert E. Lee, which would actually explain a lot. :blob7:

So didn't the mayflower passengers (or some of them) live in Holland first for a couple of years, before the went off to America??
in that case, there is some dutch culture in 10% of y'all!!

Marko said:
So didn't the mayflower passengers (or some of them) live in Holland first for a couple of years, before the went off to America??
They must live in California. Land of the Crazies.
And Tonar.

Marko said:

Are you Dutch? My brother lived in Wassenaar for over a decade.

DbU I really hope you get your equipment back.

PT said:
Marko said:

Are you Dutch? My brother lived in Wassenaar for over a decade.

DbU I really hope you get your equipment back.

I sure am. but I left over 13 years ago, of which the last 7 years in Texas!!
Wassenaar eh, is your brother a Doctor too ?? ;)

I sure am. but I left over 13 years ago, of which the last 7 years in Texas!!
Wassenaar eh, is your brother a Doctor too ?? ;)
[/quote]

Nope, he's an architect by trade and is working as a resort manager for Kirkwood ski resort at Lake Tahoe.
I lived in Galveston for 4 years in the late 80s. Great food and really nice people in the Houston area.
btw Marko, your GOTY is killer. Great job. Dank u veel for making it.

PT said:
I lived in Galveston for 4 years in the late 80s. Great food and really nice people in the Houston area.

Meh.  Born and raised in Galveston County.  Galveston is full of gangs, pawnshops, cemeteries, liquor stores, churches, and sure looks nice in your rearview.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
PT said:

Meh.  Born and raised in Galveston County.  Galveston is full of gangs, pawnshops, cemeteries, liquor stores, churches, and sure looks nice in your rearview.

That's funny. That's exactly what I said as I was literally looking through my RVM on the way from Galvetraz to Santa Barbara 19 years ago. I remember waking up in SB on July 1st with the window open, cool air wafting across my face, no mosquito bites and the smell of heather in the room. I looked at my wife and said, honey we ain't in Galveston anymore, we may be dead.
I lived in G  for 4 years during my training and it was good overall if you don't count heat and humidity and mosquitos. I try to the good side of every situation and the food and many of the people I met there were really good.

Marko said:

i know thats true. my last name is Van Swearingen (or was, the family dropped the "Van" forever ago) :laughing7: and my uncle got all into that genealogy thing a long time ago and traced us back a ways. i wish i knew more about it really.

PT said:
I try to the good side of every situation and the food and many of the people I met there were really good.

I can't argue with that.  My dad was born, grew up, went to school, worked, and retired all within the same 20 miles.  When he retired, he got the hell out.

JaySwear said:
i know thats true. my last name is Van Swearingen (or was, the family dropped the "Van" forever ago) :laughing7: and my uncle got all into that genealogy thing a long time ago and traced us back a ways. i wish i knew more about it really.

I went to Plimoth, or Plymouth, last fall.  They had no such thing as correct spelling at the time.  And yes, they were mostly Dutch.

Guys and Gals, I love you all and I'm totally glad to have your support, but if we could get this thread back to topic would be really cool. Every time a get a new post notification I immediately want to think somebody has found something.

Please feel free to post your support and questions about this situation I'm dealing with at anytime as it does keep this fresh in everybody's mind and that's the only way I'll ever get any of it back.

Thanks, Mike.

Death by Uberschall said:
I'm really upset at the moment and need your help.

Never thought I would ever have to deal with something like this. But Sunday (07/18/2010) a climate controlled facility was broken into (21 units total) and I had some very expensive and sentimental gear stolen. I'm passing this along to everybody I know in the hopes that it may help. Please pass it along to anybody who can help.

Hi, was really sorry to read this when I saw it - posted it up at the time on www.facebook.com/stolenguitaralerts.

We have just launched our new service - dbTwang Guardian (www.dbtwang.com/guardian) and we would like to give it to you free and forever because of your loss.
It normally costs $25 per annum and allows members to record their guitars in detail and gives access to a One Click alert service if they are unfortunate enough to lose one/have one stolen.

To do this just set up a free account at www.dbtwang.com and then email me (fintanbk AT dbtwang.com) with the name and email you used to set up the account. I will then activate your free for ever Guardian service and help to protect any other guitars you have now or in the future.

Sounds like an "inside job" to me. Are the cops looking into this angle? Also does personal insurance cover for this gear? (even though it will never truly get you back the sentimental value)

Back