Stainless Steel Frets

try "The Guitar Dr." in fountain valley. I just recently picked up my SG from him that he did a complete dress on and it was incredible. As for SS I am not sure but he is very good at what he does and would think he has the tools to handle ths. Let me know how it turns out for you as I just placed my custom order with SS and after the build was planning on taking it to him for the final set-up

Ken

If you get a sanding stick from StewMac, you can ease the one fret ... especially if its a HIGH fret.  If you have a dent in the fret, like a string indentation because the guitar fell... and the string was pressed into the fret...  that should sand out with no problem, and you wont need a total relevel.

PICTURES will help here.

I asked the guy I take my guitars to when I have a problem that is beyond my abilities before I purchased my first Warmoth neck, which has stainless steel frets, if he would have a problem working on them.  He said "It's a guitar part, right?  I can't keep my business open if I don't work on any and all guitar parts that people bring through my door."  I don't know if I'm just lucky, (actually, I know I am, this guy is awesome, and he's right up the street) but I just don't get these guys who are "too good" to take your money.

Back