Max said:
Make a floyded tele :p

And sorry, already got plenty of irons going. :p

j/k with you, Max!

Besides, I couldn't compete with your Tele building skills.  :eek:ccasion14:

Max said:

WHAT? Enough guitars already? OK, I'll have to change my Will again...  :icon_jokercolor:  :icon_thumright:

OzziePete said:
Max said:

WHAT? Enough guitars already? OK, I'll have to change my Will again...  :icon_jokercolor:  :icon_thumright:
I said "irons going," as in accumulating costs... now, if they're being willed.... well, not an issue :p

DocNrock said:
Max said:

j/k with you, Max!

Besides, I couldn't compete with your Tele building skills.  :eek:ccasion14:
Skills?

AGWAN said:
21051880001_large.jpg

my neighbor had one of these. painted Jaguar Green. black spoked wheels and T-Tops.

I'd kill for one.

What car is this?? Looks mean :evil4:

Datsun changed their name to Nissan in 1983, in case it was different in your country.

JamesL said:
P.S. I also have a twin turbo black one, same year model

runs 7.5 in the quarter mile.
Cagey said:
Those are fun, aren't they? We've got a 2010 370Z here...

:headbang:

you mean the 1/8th mile, if not you're lying! even a 7.50 in the 1/8th is very fast my monte carlo used to run 8.80's and some of my friends big block pieces didn't run better than 7.50's so unless your car is full tube chassis fiberglass body full blown drag car and those turbos happen to me on some american iron under that mock import body, then you made a mistake and you actually run about an 11.50 and im giving credit with the 11.50 because turbo cars have alot of high end and can make up some at the end of the track. it is likely you have more power than can put to the ground at once and any turbo lag is what keep the tires from blowing off at that level. im not mocking either, an 11.50 in an import is a serious car. but i could do that with out a turbo if i only had a job.

it's not that a 7 second nissan cant be done it's just that i think id have read about you somewhere

in japan i had an r33 skyline gts 4 and it was a very nice car. gtr's were too expensive for a military salery though alot of guys got them anyway.

JamesL said:
http://www.streetfire.net/video/nissan-350z-vs-toyota-supravery-fast-car-will_80843.htm

^^ if that's you i humbly apoligize.

full specs or it doesn't exist  :laughing7:

Dan025 said:
JamesL said:

Cagey said:

you mean the 1/8th mile, if not you're lying! even a 7.50 in the 1/8th is very fast my monte carlo used to run 8.80's and some of my friends big block pieces didn't run better than 7.50's so unless your car is full tube chassis fiberglass body full blown drag car and those turbos happen to me on some american iron under that mock import body, then you made a mistake and you actually run about an 11.50 and im giving credit with the 11.50 because turbo cars have alot of high end and can make up some at the end of the track. it is likely you have more power than can put to the ground at once and any turbo lag is what keep the tires from blowing off at that level. im not mocking either, an 11.50 in an import is a serious car. but i could do that with out a turbo if i only had a job.

it's not that a 7 second nissan cant be done it's just that i think id have read about you somewhere

in japan i had an r33 skyline gts 4 and it was a very nice car. gtr's were too expensive for a military salery though alot of guys got them anyway.

It's 7.5 in the 1/4 not 1/8

NonsenseTele said:
AGWAN, could you take a pic of your neightboor's car? :D

God I wish, he got rid of it for some insane reason!

Now he drives this 80's Mustang...

ITS JUST NOT THE SAME!

DocNrock said:
Death by Uberschall said:
JaySwear said:
didn't docnrock have a skyline? somebody did... man, i love those cars. whoever it was had a few videos of the car on a circuit too
That was DocNrock

I heard my name.    :icon_biggrin:

How's that gig going, James?  Still going?

I had a 2004 350Z and loved it.  I traded it in last year on a 2009 Nissan GT-R.  Of course, it did not stay stock for long.  HB Speed large MAF intakes, AMS FMIC, Harmon Motive intercooler piping, Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors, HKS plugs, AAM downpipes, Titek midpipe, HKS catback, and dyno tuned to 540 awhp and 560 awtq with the Cobb AccessPort (91 octane).  It also has AP Racing J hook rotors, Carbotech XP10 pads, Stillen stainless brake lines, and Stillen sway bars.  Rounding out track-related mods is a Traqmate complete with Chase Cam.

:glasses9:

leftside.jpg

I don't drag race, but other GT-R owners with silmilar mods/tune to mine do mid 10's in the 1/4 on 91 octane pump gas.

I much prefer road course driving, and just beat my personal best at Cal Speedway a couple of weeks ago:  2.5 mile track, 1:51.450 lap time, which was good for the 7th fastest lap time of the day (out of about 70).

http://www.speedventures.com/results/Default.aspx?id=-2146958480

Here is in-car video (with data) of my fastest lap that day (Aug 14th).

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_C1K_hsANA[/youtube]

...and Death by Uberschall knows I completely dig his Eclipse.   :icon_thumright:

There's a reason the Aussies nicknamed the thing Godzilla. I'll never forget watching this thing literally wrench Jeremy Clarkson's neck on Top Gear:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXFSVoVqhYw[/youtube]

Now for something totally off topic. why Run when you can FLY?!

129_0808_07_z+concept_4x4_trucks_moab+jeep_rubicon_hemi_engine.jpg

xD but seriously, give me this...
2007-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-rubicon.jpg

...with a Hemi-Swap. over that Gorgeous GT-R any day of the week!

Why drive a fast egg when you can burn rubber with mojo and have plenty of room to make out in the back seat?  :icon_jokercolor:

mopp_0704_1_z+1969_plymouth_road_runner+front.jpg

mopp_0704_5_z+1969_plymouth_road_runner+rear.jpg

mopp_0704_2_z+1969_plymouth_road_runner+hemi.jpg

mopp_0704_9_z+1969_plymouth_road_runner+steering_wheel.jpg

JamesL said:
Dan025 said:
JamesL said:

Cagey said:

It's 7.5 in the 1/4 not 1/8

yes i noticed that after reading the whole thread and i apoligized but i find it strange you aren't bragging more or sharing specs, that's quite a feat. obviously it has been done but on what kind of budget? my friend in philly has race cars that run in the 6's with v6 (not a typo) alcohol burning engines and no turbos, but it's not the type of thing that he can do without sponsors.

the v6 is really about the best structural compromise with the shorter crank and block it doesn't twist too bad and the firing order is more flexible. if the caps are studded and girdled or cross bolted it's a great platform for horsepower.

i wouldnt be so skeptical if you weren't so vauge. maybe i'm just not used to your personality. that and i would just love to here more about the car.

Back