Sports car anyone?

JamesL

Since I posted this on every other website on earth I thought why not here too?

2006 nissan 350z 56K miles
rims and stereo included
No collisions, clean title
Only getting rid of it 'cause i'm moving on to bigger, better, and much more expensive things.  :glasses9: :laughing7:
DSC00764.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

DSC00766.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00761.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

Those are fun, aren't they? We've got a 2010 370Z here...

DSRQ_View_370Z.jpg

Quite the little beastie <grin>

21051880001_large.jpg

my neighbor had one of these. painted Jaguar Green. black spoked wheels and T-Tops.

I'd kill for one.

P.S. I also have a twin turbo black one, same year model

runs 7.5 in the quarter mile.
Cagey said:
Those are fun, aren't they? We've got a 2010 370Z here...

DSRQ_View_370Z.jpg

Quite the little beastie <grin>

Pretty blue.  :headbang:

have you Replaced your Piston Rings yet?

if not. you will be. soon.

good news is once you do. if you upgrade the rings. you will never have to again.

Am I the only person here that is absolutely floored that Cagey from Detroit has a rice burner???

pabloman said:
Am I the only person here that is absolutely floored that Cagey from Detroit has a rice burner???

I'm just Floored that the 370Z doesn't devour Piston rings under Forced Induction.

though honestly. I find the 350Z better looking.

I love these cars. I agree the 350 looks much better. I have a few sore spots though. I have replaced more front tires and performed more alignments on these while getting paid next to nothing than anyone should have to do. On the plus side I did swap a Z top end and wheels onto my Quest. I reprogrammed the transmission and would kill ALL the fake fast and the furious cars in town. I tore through a set of Max wheels too. Those tires were too soft for my ride and too expensive for the old lady to keep curbing them.

Ya the guy went off the road in his Z and punctured the oil pan. When the pressure dropped the engine shut down before anything was damaged but he bought a new motor and had me put a bunch of Stillen parts on it. He told me to keep the motor and do something cool with it, so I did.

pabloman said:

I don't see how it's a rice burner.. It actually has speed to back up claims.

a loud for nothing honda is a rice burner.

And I also like the 350z better that's why I choose a used one over the new 370z

I didn't realize the term rice burner was dependent on performance. Besides if you are familiar with Cagey's posts you would be able to make the correlation. And if you read my posts in this thread that I am actually fond of these cars and their performance and their parts and the manufacturer.

pabloman said:
I didn't realize the term rice burner was dependent on performance. Besides if you are familiar with Cagey's posts you would be able to make the correlation. And if you read my posts in this thread that I am actually fond of these cars and their performance and their parts and the manufacturer.

it isn't, Rice burner is slang for Asian sports car. not crappy wanna be cars that are Asian.

but like the phrase Rat Rod. many who drive them find the term derogatory.

that wont stop the Nissan Skyline, Nissan Sylvia, Nissan Z's, Toyota Supra, and Acura NSX from being the Wet dreams of many a Ricefan. they are quintessential Ricers.

pabloman said:

It's actually my roommate's car, not mine. My last car was an Accura.

AGWAN said:
pabloman said:

it isn't, Rice burner is slang for Asian sports car. not crappy wanna be cars that are Asian.

that wont stop the Nissan Skyline, Nissan Sylvia, Nissan Z's, Toyota Supra, and Acura NSX from being the Wet dreams of many a Ricefan. they are quintessential Ricers.

My bad... where I live it's used in a derogatory fashion for crappy asian cars that try to be fast and are loud to make it sound fast for lack of speed. haha
I don't care either way  :laughing7:

JamesL said:
AGWAN said:
pabloman said:

My bad... where I live it's used in a derogatory fashion for crappy asian cars that try to be fast and are loud to make it sound fast for lack of speed. haha
I don't care either way  :laughing7:

No Worries. what bothers me is how many people are wrong about Zs. so many idiots think they're gutless. and an equal amount of idiots think its going to be this perfect racecar right off the lot.

I love the car. and its a great platform. but it has a few weaknesses anyone who "races" it should address. the big three being...

If you Turbo it. for the LOVE OF GOD upgrade your Piston rings. a Turbo'd Z... or god forbid a TWIN TURBO'd Z is a time bomb. you don't need to rebuild everything. but Piston rings are a must... if you plan to own the car longer than a year.
CHASSIS STIFFENING, the 350 is a decent sized car, and a heavy one. despite the fact it shares its chassis with a roadster it is flex prone. this can kill some high speed handling. and make it a lot less fun to drive.
GEARING they are geared like Daily drivers. a stacked set of gears out back (Axle) plus a locker will make all the difference in the world.

thing is. the last two are not that pricey of a Modification. but worth it.

I'm not saying you do or do not know this, James. but I just feel the need to share it with the group.  :toothy10:

AutoBat said:
I think the 370 looks nicer, and prefer the 90-96 300zx even more.

yeah, 300's are gorgeous.

if I owned one.

I would have a hard time not putting a vynil sticker on it that read...
THIS...IS....A CARTA!

I actually likthe 370 better because of the porsche-style roof. I dont like the roundness of the 350 much  :dontknow:

Back