Spoke Nut truss rods for easy heel adjustment. (See pictures)

kidgloves2

This has got to be the best truss rod for heel adjustment necks. Ernie Ball installs them on their John Petrucci guitars and they're a dream. They would require a little extra body routing, but I don't see Warmoth having a problem making this option. I actually think they would be best on bass necks. And definitely better than Warmoth's existing side adjustment, which is good, but I can see spoke nuts having more torque and lasting longer.

Spoke_Nut_Hot_Rod_Detail.jpg

If you look close, you can see it on this petrucci guitar.

jp5.jpg

I use these on my single-cut basses, and as requested on more traditional basses. the StewMac trussrods are heavier than other styles, and they also require a deeper channel route.  since Warmoth makes their trussrods in-house, they'd need to design something similar that didn't infringe on anything patented/trademarked unles they were willing to pay the small royalties

I really like the ease of adjustment - and with the added bonus of no special tools being required

all the best,

R

ernie ball uses them on all there basses, and ibanez uses it on two basses.

i have suggested this three times now, so yeah someone else wants them to.

i hate taking off bell covers, and loosening strings and taking strings out of the nut just to make an adjustment.

so get on it warmoth.  :sad:

Back