Spalted Tele Progress

riverbluff

Here is my tele so far.

Spalted Maple/Alder body.  Pau Ferro/Pau Ferro neck, 6105 SS frets, standard thin contour.  Bare Knuckle Pile Driver pickups. 

All major assemble is complete.  Still need to do wire it up and perform set up.

2869463806_57cafa0b50_b.jpg

2869462722_e462dc6a25_b.jpg

2868634211_b3a96b4f72_b.jpg

2869464766_ecc0f4ff8d_b.jpg

2868635355_33c577e6dc_b.jpg

This will be my first attempt at wiring one up, guess I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for all the help alone the way.

Bill

Wow Bill, that pretty badass, but what's with the streaks on the back....? I'm guessing it's just mineral streaks in the wood?

Quick question...

I have the Gotoh tele bridge and I failed to pay attention when I removed the saddles so I could install the bridge.  After I removed then I noticed that there were 2 different lenght springs (2 short and 4 long) and also 2 different lenght allen screws to adjust saddle height (again 2 short and 4 long)  When I put them back on I used the short springs on the Low E and G string and I used the short allen screws on the Low and High E strings.  Can anyone confirm if this is the correct placement.  I am trying to avoid going through a couple sets of strings during the initial set up.
ZGOZZ said:
nice
Are you putting copper tape on the cover plate as well?

Yes, I put copper tape on the cover as well.

DangerousR6 said:
Wow Bill, that pretty badass, but what's with the streaks on the back....? I'm guessing it's just mineral streaks in the wood?

Doug, the streaks do appear to be something in the wood.  They are not cracks, I actually kind of like the way they look.  Really looking forward to hearing how this thing sounds.

V/R

Bill

Hello!
That is a very nice telecaster!
(I like all of the spalted maple projects on this forum, very nice wood)
The Pau Ferro neck is perfect to that body.
Nothing like PF-necs, let`s have more of it!

By default, the two short springs is for E and A strings.
The short height-adjust is for the two E and E on both sides.

You can switch the hight-screws one by one whithout intonation problems,
switcing the springs,means you must set up again.

Ivar

You're kidding me, isn't it???
I'm going with Piledriver too in my Spalty  :laughing7:

Looks evil, man  :evil4:

Here is my first try at wiring up a guitar. 

2884142112_61679a5c76_b.jpg

Overall, I'm very happy the way it came out.  Sure does help having a nice iron to do the work with.

Bill

The only problem I see with this Tele is .... I don't own it... ha ha ha

Nice Job!!

riverbluff said:
Here is my first try at wiring up a guitar. 

2884142112_61679a5c76_b.jpg

Overall, I'm very happy the way it came out.  Sure does help having a nice iron to do the work with.

Bill
Hey Bill, what kind of pots are those? :icon_scratch: I've never seen any like that....

Back