Soycaster II, return of the soy

Holy Crap! the gold makes the maple lines pop!!
I won't let you go for anything else but gold!

that's mean looking... I think I'd be cool to have combinations of beaten up gold and nickel hardware cuz It already looks very woody and rustic.

Sorry if I missed something obvious here, but what the hell does this (very nice) guitar have to do with soy?   :help:

Chinese fried chicken tastes really good with some soy sauce!

seriously, its a reference to the movie soylent black

Maybe the combo will be coolest
the gold knobs don't look right, neither do the bridge, but the brass saddles and the gold (it looks more like it than nickel) pickup look best.

That's a really nice tele there Luke, I like that pau-rosewood combo top and it could go either way I think with the gold or the black. But I'd have to say Marko has a strong point about the gold tho..It does make the maple bits jump out at you... :icon_thumright:

Max said:
Come on, Doug, no chrome love? I spent a few hours on that mockup!
Yea, chrome or nickel would be bitchin' too.....

A few hours, dude that'd take like about 5 min's top's for me.... :icon_biggrin:

I'm a perfectionist, and spent most of that time finding the perfect picture to use  :icon_thumright:
Ask Luke. I showed him the progress.

Max said:
I'm a perfectionist, and spent most of that time finding the perfect picture to use  :icon_thumright:
Ask Luke. I showed him the progress.
That can consume a bit of time, trying to find just the right parts...

Yeah, I must've spent 45 minutes or more looking for a good shot of black flat top tele knobs. Never found them... Then the right shot of a humbucker with a mounting ring was elusive. I grabbed on off of the gibson press site and erased the strings and replaced the pole pieces. Added shadows to everything this time, and adjusted lighting on the bridge, knobs, pickup ring, pickup selector, etc...
Tried new things. I think it went pretty smoothly. I wasn't in a huge hurry, just wastin' time to help out another Warmothite ;)
Oh, looks like it only took me a bit over an hour for the good one.

Yeah, but we also have two minutes between classes to do it  :icon_jokercolor:
I'm on spring break atm. I'll be back in school Monday.

dbw said:
Sorry if I missed something obvious here, but what the hell does this (very nice) guitar have to do with soy?   :help:

Just a nickname I've used for a long time.. makes me smile.

Max has been very helpful helping me visualize my and his ideas.. nothing is set in stone yet, but I do like the nickel.. and I do like the gold.. we shall see.

Back