Sonic Blue Super Strat sighting!

GearBoxTy

I live in Columbus, OH and went to see my friend's band No Apologies open for Dirty Side Down at Whisky Dick's.  I had to walk up close to the stage to confirm what I suspected...the guitarist on stage right was rocking an awesome Sonic Blue Super Strat that appeared to be all Warmoth!  Check it out:

2815027442_83af90e379.jpg

I created a set on Flickr with all the pictures I took.  Again, this is not my guitar, just a Warmoth I saw in it's native habitat.  Chris of Arabia, is it cool for me to add my photos to the Flickr Warmoth Pool?  Maybe the dude who plays this gem is already here or there.

Here is the link to my Flickr Set: http://flickr.com/photos/gearboxty/sets/72157607039308668/

Yup, it's a Warmoth!  With my expert bass-drum-reading skills I found more info about the band.

http://www.dirtysidedown.com/ said:
FINGER'S LIVE GEAR:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUITARS:

WARMOTH: (Blue)
WARMOTH: (Green)
PAUL REED SMITH:

EFFECTS PEDALS:

Ground Control Pro MIDI controller
Rocktron Xpression Multi-effects processor

AMPLIFIER

MARSHALL JVM 100 Watt amplifiers

Rock on, "Finger"!  :party07:

Holy back in time BatMan.....Tha't either a retro pic of Doc playing, or Randy Rhodes is still alive...
2814186751_614e37dca8.jpg

Yea, I know I'm a jerk, but once I saw that guy with the Dinky (his name is Dave), I was like, "Dude!  1987 called!  They're missing you!"  He was 80's to a T...down to his pre-concert outfit, his concert outfit, his tone, his posing, and the chick taking pictures that seemed to be his girlfriend.

Now, I'm certainly going to Hell...but come on!

GearBoxTy said:
Yea, I know I'm a jerk, but once I saw that guy with the Dinky (his name is Dave), I was like, "Dude!  1987 called!  They're missing you!"  He was 80's to a T...down to his pre-concert outfit, his concert outfit, his tone, his posing, and the chick taking pictures that seemed to be his girlfriend.

Now, I'm certainly going to Hell...but come on!
Hey man nothing wrong with the 80's, cept the mullet......

DangerousR6 said:
Holy back in time BatMan.....Tha't either a retro pic of Doc playing, or Randy Rhodes is still alive...
2814186751_614e37dca8.jpg

Not me, must be Randy reincarnate. 

Love the name of the band...Dirty Side Down.

Heh, one time I auditioned for this band, and the bassist told me the first guy they tried out was like 40 years old (they are all in their 20s like me) and was stuck in the '80s... I asked if he had a mullet and he said "I dunno, he was wearing a bandana."    :doh:

Speaking of the 80s, my old guitar player's gigging attire consisted of a sleeveless tuxedo shirt with arrowhead buttons.
Snake01.jpg

When it was cold, he had two dusters.  One was acid-washed.
Snake04.jpg

Snake03.jpg

DocNrock said:
I can at least proudly say that I have never had a mullet cut.
I did..... :sad1:    A mullet is like a gas station that sells drugs covertly.....Business in the front, party in the back... :laughing8:

But I got over it...... :party07:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
I can at least proudly say that I have never had a mullet cut.
I did..... :sad1:     A mullet is like a gas station that sells drugs covertly.....Business in the front, party in the back... :laughing8:

But I got over it...... :party07:

I did too, but that was in style then.  They look ridiculous now.  There's cool retro and there's clueless retro.

Luckily I am young enough to have avoided the age of mullets. Also, I do not currently live in the South.

nathan a said:
Luckily I am young enough to have avoided the age of mullets. Also, I do not currently live in the South.
Hey, hey, hey.....watch it buddy....or I'll be forced to make a yankee reference........ :glasses9:

And I'll have to tell people what you were really doing in the Scottish highlands with those sheep.....
sertasheep.gif

OMG! I've fear of it!

I had an so-so mullet, I'm getting bald, so the hair in the front didn't really grows that much, kinds look mullet
icon_cry.gif

NonsenseTele said:
OMG! I've fear of it!

I had an so-so mullet, I'm getting bald, so the hair in the front didn't really grows that much, kinds look mullet
icon_cry.gif

You are a mullet.

Back