something new-ish?? gregg??

Orpheo

Guys, I've been to the warmoth-site today, and I saw under the header 'necks, warmoth pro' a new style: staging... haven't seen that before, and its only in that drop down menu, not on this page yet

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm

there is a page for this style, though, but its still empty (at the time of this writing).

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=staging_warmothpro

is it a new style??  :guitarplayer2: :blob7:

I am assuming the name isn't staging, but that could be a set up staging area for a new style.

Lucky #7 said:
I am assuming the name isn't staging, but that could be a set up staging area for a new style.

yeah, my thought too :p but still... what will the style be? can't figure which major style isnt represented by warmoth here... perhaps a new prs-style? or a gretsch-style? i prefer the latter though  :guitarplayer2:

I know they used to have a PRS style body and were forced to stop making them.  I don't know if they had a neck though, but I would think they would have the same problem.  Doesn't seen like there's much to change enough to get around getting sued.

It would be cool to see a new style.  

My guess though is that someone was updating the website and in doing so screwed up a link.   I suppose though we should wait till someone wakes up on the west coast to fill us in.

erik

NonsenseTele said:
It isn't there anymore  :icon_scratch:

Yes it is. Not in the page itself, but only in the menu. What is present on the page and missing from the menu is the Warmoth headstock. And from the order of the items on the page - and in the menu - that could very well be the one. Looks like it IS a web site update bug thingy. It would have been more fun if there actually was a new headstock design coming though. But it should be in the bass pages (hint).

ByteFrenzy said:
NonsenseTele said:
It isn't there anymore  :icon_scratch:

Yes it is. Not in the page itself, but only in the menu. What is present on the page and missing from the menu is the Warmoth headstock. And from the order of the items on the page - and in the menu - that could very well be the one. Looks like it IS a web site update bug thingy. It would have been more fun if there actually was a new headstock design coming though. But it should be in the bass pages (hint).

still dont get it... is it the warhead, or this one

8string_3.jpg

ByteFrenzy said:

Oh I saw it!  :)

and hint my @rse! if you know something tell us or you gonna get in trouble  :icon_jokercolor:
:icon_biggrin:

NonsenseTele said:
ByteFrenzy said:

Oh I saw it!   :)

and hint my @rse! if you know something tell us or you gonna get in trouble  :icon_jokercolor:

hmm well.. whats the shape? :p we all like to know I guess ;)

NonsenseTele said:

No, it wasn't that kind of hint. I meant that us poor bass players have just eight different headstocks for four strings, four for five strings and one for eight strings. The guitar fellas have sixteen different headstocks for the pro construction necks alone. So an additional headstock design for the bass necks would be very welcome. But maybe I was just being selfish.

Back