Somebody PLEASE buy this!!! Save me!!!

tfarny

Master Member
Somebody needs to buy this and soon. I definitely can't, and won't, since I just bought a used W lp totally out of the blue, on an impulse. But this is exactly what I was turning over in my mind before I bought it. This is exactly what I'd build if doing a custom order right now.

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=PT1009&menuItem=14&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0&bridgeType_filter=49

Can't help you mate. :laughing7: I was going to say it's ugly but it's not, I was going to say a strat neck pocket is a dumb idea but it's not.
I could say hollow teles are great and black korina is gorgeous and tobacco sunburst suits that body to a T but that wouldn't help would it? :sad:
I think you better just buy the thing, you wouldn't want somebody else to have it now would you? :evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :party07:

You're evil, Willy.That's all I have to say.
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

If it were a Thinline I might be able to help you out, but sorry....

Make sure you order an all Rosewood neck with that, gold hardware and cream PU rings for the gold TX/BBQ set when you break down and order it...

hey, maybe somebody will buy it and then break it to pieces when the build goes wrong, we know its happened before.  You don't want that on your conscience do you?  do you?

Sorry, but I've already got a Tobaccoburst Korina Thinline Tele!  :icon_tongue:

But Guitlouie, this isn't a thinline, it's a HOLLOW tele with an F-hole!! Totally different animal!! And it's also different than yours because, ah, it has a front rout for tele control plate! yeah, that TOTALLY changes the sound. I read it on Ed Roman's website.  :icon_jokercolor:
You need this to round out your collection. Yep.
I thought at least Jack would help me out. Sheesh.

tfarny said:
You're evil, Willy.That's all I have to say.
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

I've been called worse.  :cool01:
By the looks of the replies so far I'm not alone. :hello2: heheheheheheheheheheheheheeeeee!

tfarny, I've actually had that body in my cross hairs for a while now. It's one of the best I've seen.

Sometimes you scare me cuz you think alot like me

Yep Alfang, you scare me too, but mainly it's because you're totally freaking crazy! Just kidding. I think it's because we're both from the Portland area, we've got "Oregon taste".
Hey, seriously, could you wind me a HB, A2 magnets, to about 8.5 / 9k, wax potted, four conductor cable, nickel cover or maybe zebra bobbins? Like I said I just bought a Warmoth LP and it's gonna have to be modded. I'm thinking of that for the bridge and a SD jazz for the neck, coil tapping on both. Good for hard rock and jazz or clean blues, and nothing in between (I've got other guitars for that). PM me if you can make it, I'll pay a normal HB price for it, too. Don't go all boutique on me and charge $200 a pickup though.

DangerousR6 said:
If it was a rear route, I'd save ya........ :dontknow:

why be concerned about a rear route on a tele, you don't need a pick guard, just a small control plate. and it looks good! but if ya like crazy wiring i guess the extra room might come in handy.

and tfarny i have a korina hollow tele. it looks quite diferent from that but tone wise i'm sure they are similar and i can't be throwing money around building unplanned projects, i'll never get to the planned ones or i'll go broke, so sorry i can't help ya.
i must say though that tabacco burst on korina is amazing! :eek: :eek:

DiMitriR33 said:
DangerousR6 said:

why be concerned about a rear route on a tele, you don't need a pick guard, just a small control plate. and it looks good!
Not to everyone... no pickguard + control plate looks ugly to me in most teles.

This body would be in someones home now if they hadn't routed the pickup holes & control plate. I think they would sell faster if the body routing was limited and the customer had more options.

DiMitriR33 said:
DangerousR6 said:

why be concerned about a rear route on a tele, you don't need a pick guard, just a small control plate. and it looks good! but if ya like crazy wiring i guess the extra room might come in handy.
I love the tele body but I hate all the pickgaurds and nonsense that they put on them. Unless it's a painted body, it's just covering up the woood finish. Even on strat's, unless there's some flaws in the wood that are going to be covered up, I wouldn't waste money buying one with a nice figure just to put a big honking pickgaurd on it...

Like this, beautiful guitars, nice figure and no bs pickgaurd to cover any of it up...
marco_mk_3_large.jpg

sojadm.jpg

what i'm saying is that you don't need a pickguard on a top routed tele. the neck pickup wiring is drilled through the body like any rear route, pickguard is purely optional. just a small shiny metal plate for the controls is needed, it looks good and covers a minimal amount of wood.
other fender designs on the other hand should be rear routed, nothing worse than a big ugly pickguard and random slider switches on a jazzmaster.

Dangerous is right. You just need the control plate. Look at the photo on the first page. It would be a crime to have a pickguard on that body.

Back