Some build pics and a question...

Well, I'm running Firefox on Linux with several additional filters in place, so it's possible something doesn't like something about that link and so is refusing to load it. I don't see anything obvious, but sometimes it's not.

Cagey said:
Well, I'm running Firefox on Linux with several additional filters in place, so it's possible something doesn't like something about that link and so is refusing to load it. I don't see anything obvious, but sometimes it's not.

Seems to be hosted on googleusercontent, with a URL a bazillion characters long. So that might be it.

stratamania said:
Cagey said:

Seems to be hosted on googleusercontent, with a URL a bazillion characters long. So that might be it.

Yes - it's in "Google Photos". They don't have a very elegant way to get image link addresses (very clunky, in fact). And I have noticed they are ridiculously long. Hopefully they will fix both of those problems. I switched to Google Photos when PhotoBucket stopped serving up images (without paying for a subscription). Sorry for the spotty image links. I trust Google will improve the architecture (assuming that they are really interested in storing hosting the images).

-Paul

Cagey said:
Your picture doesn't show up. The link is ridiculously large - the forum software might not be able to handle it.

Agree - I started using Google Photos when PhotoBucket stopped serving images to forums without a subscription. Not the most elegant photo hosting app I'm sure. But hoping that Google will improve things. If not, I'll have to find something else.

As for clamping to the stage on the drill press, what I've done is create a larger secondary stage that attaches to the press' stage, so I have a friendlier surface to work with. Kinda like this, but mine's not quite as fancy...

Drill-press-fixture.jpg

With bodies, especially finished ones, you just need to put load-spreading pads under clamp heads to keep them from marring the surface.

Now that's what you need to hold a body! If I had something like that, I would have used the drill press. And if it turns out that I do more of these - then I have seen a really nice solution that I can copy. Thank you!

-Paul

Cagey said:

I'm not shocked given how clunky (parts of) the UI are (on Google Photos). Have you been able to view any of the pictures I have linked to? I'm fairly sure that everything I have linked to on this forum points to Google Photos.?.?.?

-Paul

Yes, everything shows up except the one under discussion and one at reply 12 regarding the neckplate.

The pic in question was showing ok for me but now all I see is a no entry sign.

[edit] The forum has been a bit flaky for me the last few days, so might not be all Google's fault.

Fat Pete said:
The pic in question was showing ok for me but now all I see is a no entry sign.

[edit] The forum has been a bit flaky for me the last few days, so might not be all Google's fault.

Interesting - good to know...

Fat Pete said:
The forum has been a bit flaky for me the last few days, so might not be all Google's fault.

I've been noticing that, too. On top of the unexpected aggravation, I get even more pissed off because I'm having a lotta trouble typing the last week or so and when a post doesn't go through, I can lose a lotta effort.

Okay here are the "initial final" pics...

First a couple of shots of the finished wiring:

Here's a direct overhead so you can see everything. Notice I attached the grounding lug on the "wall" so I didn't have to screw in to the relatively thin front. I wasn't sure the my screws were short enough.

cU6qWsQtzDWA4-4nfuuiQODKcrDrBJhhtuaugYLrjP129tcN1TyY326MeCy8ES_ZTdVfliPRo3xv3vQ66OT-F1enZjVk9wzM5VsExAqioXT6EYHiCo9I-hN5hfcxtLeYOmhAGDQejyWed_D8ErH51Xet2DEm9bONM4dhF0oKiz408QIL-yFwZqaU9XgkS8U_EPmLekfjfjx1Xy2ltge8hInnf9SFZ5O2hd1v-yKwyemqoOzHT7eQ2rPH5vSrYcLc3rro38hHN1on377PvhXImFQhbEy6YCAh8NkUP7Jf2owlh_uLOVZnGFa5k_DNJW0vps4FoL1oOCUwY4HunK_Nh2_KbzmO8KVQ5pwGq0zYZPd3P3M7NLZO_JEu1QUyPM1u62H4P6AWrezlea0mLrscXYS2iYC1StzTg0Q9wnVpzT72Kl5P-v68YWI2IfS6KA5y6IWn6_V7R8GP_grEPbUkDHMD34MrDhki2FG5AExvqo9ZgmNk3KLjc_iezMKcIVYBEGFon1Jr2ZNFu7ASamu5rybDxjRDwezcfH2xm19YS010B_oXLMT_mj3iAVb87KaweeIwH-cRCvXxvYH0lFvNMmQRamLMhl_8EIdPzG1JGR4iD3iyxyX6xAIG=w1444-h933-no

Here is a nicer angle - but you can't see the grounding lug...
A5wC6kdHrfBro67PP87B0xTzu36s-F53lFPtIr5hXNAqeQwhpP2QUZsfRAMgTfKtmp8c7fS0oVmRYGH-yMFhJCUN3R7wRdxIoDlGtEFTuwaqAu291dGwNzrJ3JyffknvFruMwl8APw2QbBKc2hgVFjh9hK0z4rIcNqTysBMga9jvRjyccLuRUXapGYFopqz1ZqEZzQnyvn6BVXYGyqEkOdduiANeu7pdhd-sVbpHqFVgH0-s5kZFAHUb3JJzOPUjZSPvJwgP04szCMGexPowwgKVSBc9QmS0dq-srjalclfdiwOXxMhcbXUBg55EccYmCM4XfqlQLRi7FyHTIakUpEcH6Divn09uCaIqPY1OHWiHHxNEmoAfksGTXeN5YoJZhp7iO6MiLTgw18RscXtJwCH9lCru9v1bLA_T8pei_pALUd7XYjGTdGfUMRWI22gV49Cng3kiMUD42b-Cb5iW4LNwPz2QoHR6BYT2FJpLwhOHLs2li8XOUobMqmF9u-bWUEuy5t8lFF78dnO9FbYAuBVqP8ryWG2IRG93QeoRo_4VrVHUJloHd_HA_0Ag2p-_D1VsL_0LMSRIeRnXEuHE3kVdQvNviLs_JGAVuSVmP4sp_gdoUrAJ3-T1=w1189-h933-no

All components are the USA Fender packaged parts. Including the CRL 3-way selector. It's wired like the American Deluxe that use an S-1 Volume knob/switch.

Now for the final face shots...
rvBSSwmx75qqw_I2AKK9C1ItzYnXYsbF2W37gdBaIri3gLEifAoSFgGRTYTJJ2KvrLDQJNG2xQEOAlGokInwlFRrIj7LGZS4nntZJsz3skwYPjyU9FCEGVDNHd1aj9wGamguuwFuVpKA4PH8zconWfsEeWp1C0lXqj66iCEF6yik0K4P6nHkWTAwDKv3ncudShtIv5HSwkIf0oe4oJXf3SUIROly2atJ051vlqTAg75wXJptVA_AI1DKj5PdA0t5vEmSIYkwZkuYik-w-0d_3lJdGqTBFjBrR4-Ng9NOugnQMbTJw74_Q-kKi5j2ATcXxmxuxfdLDnOmC-99r-rxDdCfA4QlRTGln3DitOB_hS08Lp7a5A3AuBDcq7lvrosXQhShpACdapctFgcR4OX3bKztBG4IqKzIsfpEKgmjAlIsaqzS83r_ZqdYoEyhqzTmbl-8hB_IDLqVfnBPL0pwwiwsjcD_Dywo6f7GCqPdGLYV53nd7nfDoOHRvZVLnTUXXV9hza8vcf8jRUS5Oj3X1KA2gDtrGm2I3t9c-KcdoDbAhjpds7SOGIZQyQTFgAnkUn1TWF3oBlo80-l0iVvXX5H9NR6uoqJv81sxU7n1Ilsp00ljdvDQupaD=w1288-h966-no

F59Zk495GUJO5V05Op2tFZqyz6SileSpaTbFSPFjLar1FZkvEVfag7un3zwDls_0gtxzpy4PXPeETMRkMYrNky6w79qi0n5xvht1ofHW6uUyy9vR5uYl5YFrLYIvOudxQAn4mhSXEmXcftplKOx9OZm5t7AbCWiYb08dLLuIYP9Cg2vY0tgWTftyT5XvqWqI3FquGuUfRGbnpbZp7-xMlzcoOjfQJ65wOQ8eRm_qaHEvqR3a8AgIbIMTDkIBzcRKfaxditJfPn8jSBxEWJ6-gclNNK6XyNnFGViKAeQcPSTUMywIoWu0EzZ5O8blUw5kqPtCwZWZFrkQcws9y5G5k6bWnbtT3kXeGE9X4RdJUK29g5yn2KDHLpczoy8GtUJSsYFGjSheDeAXPFo0OkgHgDtpSU1ws6MhuSS4IG9cDOzSXnFsgZto8hFZfCLqE1sVEfVCf4vtiKZWBUQEfzsqMFAOjqbpF3InnUG94t_6ptUsN4UZk1ozVB9NvyEwCqkPJ5HYX2KqvxZ2B9bn00PyXPtpClJwrPdxyvJgtKp-i9cB0ZpGsNRC7042qFgtdMwebfxvsqGq2dZXSnvKtwi62cpcktE0_TdlABkrZuNcE-yZgpenRxB9Ra-F=w1627-h966-no

Will take me a while to dial in the setup. To some extent because I haven't played a Tele - and will have to figure out how I like them. I also have a bone nut to install, but will wait until after I get the setup dialed in a bit.

Thanks for sharing ideas, thoughts and opinions. I always learn a lot when I join a new forum community.

-Paul

That is one beautiful Tele,,,,and I don't even like them. I like that one though. Nice work. Enjoy.

A good result.

For photos I moved from Photobucket to Flickr, others are using Imgur but I am not convinced about their T&Cs for content hosting.

I see you have one of the SKB flight type cases, I have a similar one with a different interior which I think is an earlier model.

stratamania said:
A good result.

For photos I moved from Photobucket to Flickr, others are using Imgur but I am not convinced about their T&Cs for content hosting.

Thanks Stratamania. I'm a Google Chrome user and also use their Contacts and Calendar apps - so, will give them a little time to improve the Photos app for image hosting. If they don't sort it out, I'll look at Flickr.

I see you have one of the SKB flight type cases, I have a similar one with a different interior which I think is an earlier model.

Yeah - needed a case. So, thought I'd buy something a little better than the regular "hard" shell. I'd like to have something like this for all of my guitars. However, I am somewhat disappointed in the fit of this case for either Teles or Strats. Neither guitar is properly supported in the case unless you put something under the body in the right place (like terry washcloth). Very nice case - but for that kind of money you shouldn't have to do anything to get a perfect fit. I would have returned it (to Musician's Friend) but the return shipping was prohibitively expensive. At least compared to the relatively easy "fix".

Interesting on the case. I just tried some Warmoth and Fender Strats and Teles in mine and they all seem snug enough. Perhaps with the later ones they adapted the interior to fit more models, but I am just guessing.

Back