so what kind of education do you guys have?

Wana:

I'd strongly suggest staying til year 12 mate. It may annoy the hell out of you with all that study, but over time that extra effort will prove correct. And you will get some sort of University entry mark, which you can use if you want to head in that direction (I think the entry mark is current for a couple of years so you don't have to head to Uni straight away from High School).

My leaving at Year 10 meant I didn't have any sort of Uni entry mark to fall back on, and I later found out I'd have to do a 1 year course at TAFE or a Uni just to get that mark to compete for a spot in Uni.

Maybe you could do a degree in business management and also try to get a TAFE course done part time, in the area of carpentry or cabinet making?

OzziePete said:
Wana:

I'd strongly suggest staying til year 12 mate. It may annoy the hell out of you with all that study, but over time that extra effort will prove correct. And you will get some sort of University entry mark, which you can use if you want to head in that direction (I think the entry mark is current for a couple of years so you don't have to head to Uni straight away from High School).

My leaving at Year 10 meant I didn't have any sort of Uni entry mark to fall back on, and I later found out I'd have to do a 1 year course at TAFE or a Uni just to get that mark to compete for a spot in Uni.

Maybe you could do a degree in business management and also try to get a TAFE course done part time, in the area of carpentry or cabinet making?

There you go.  Then you can start a carpentry/cabinet/guitar making company...and you be da boss.  :icon_thumright:

Graduated high school '02 in a tiny hick town in alberta.

I just finished my first semester at the University of Lethbridge to get my Bachelors degrees in music and education. 4 1/2 years to go.

Back