So, I'm new to this.

It's saying and error has occurred and I've already posted it even though I haven't.  Whats going on? 

I have tried several times now.  I cannot get it to post the pics.  Perhaps i could email them to someone and have them host for me?

Reduce the size of the pics, try it from a different computer, change the file format. All of us have had the problem at some time or another. Or host them on flickr or photobucket and link there. Don't send .jpeg or other photos to strangers, they are virus carriers.

Crappy photo, but I'm going to say 6150 - but could be 6130. They look wider than the 6105SS that I once had.
6150 if you could stand your frets to be a bit taller, 6130 if you could stand them to be a hair shorter. Just a guess.

tfarny said:
Crappy photo, but I'm going to say 6150 - but could be 6130. They look wider than the 6105SS that I once had.
6150 if you could stand your frets to be a bit taller, 6130 if you could stand them to be a hair shorter. Just a guess.

Sorry about the crappy photo.  Thanks for the guess.  I think I'm leaning towards the 6150.  I don't think I'd like em too short cause I bend a lot.  I think I'll go to guitar center and try out some guitars before I chose. 

Alright so I went to guitar center and the fret size I liked most was fender's medium jumbo.  What size is that in dunlop's numbers?

Sheesh man you ask hard questions. A bit of googling helps to find others with more knowledge than I -
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/stratocaster-discussion-forum/28846-fret-size-question.html
That's a great forum, btw. I think the short version of all that is "6150".

Sorry bout the hard questions.  Thanks for the help though.  Looks like I'm gonna get 6150.  Now should I get corian for the nut? Or should I go for graphite?

I have a 69 slimline reissue that has the vintage fender frets on it, and a strat with the jumbos on it.  I have built Warmoth guitars with the SS6105.  They look smaller than they are, and the actually are about right in the middle between the two I just mentioned.  I really like them, the stainless is a lot of fun to bend on, just slick.  I have a guitar with a corian nut, and some with plastic, bone and also LSR nuts.  I can't tell the difference other than looks.  The way I was going about it was, graphite for a black nut and corian for a white nut.  I guess I am a heck of a lot more picky about the tuners than the nut.
Patrick

Alright, I'm ordering the neck tomorrow.  Let's see if I have every thing together now. 

CBS warmoth pro.
Goncalo with Ziricote fretboard.
1 11/16" nut width.
Graphite or corian nut (will make the choice tomorrow)
6150 frets.
Schaller size tuner holes.

NonsenseTele said:
Tempest said:
Alright it is ordered!  This will be a long six weeks...

:) with lucky you'll have the smaller time of what they say

Yeah that would be nice.  Does anyone know if the Fender American standard strat uses Schaller tuners?

I sure hope so.  That way I'll be able to put this neck on my strat until I get the body for this.

Alright I have another question.  What string retainer Should I get?  And I only need one right?

Back