So, I'm new to this.

Really?  I think it would look decent myself.  I also like vintage tint.

This is a nice piece that popped up in the showcase.  It's a jmaster but I like the coloring

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/bodies/JMP64a.jpg

I think it would be awesome. 'Course it may totally not work when you see it in person... Up to you, man.  :icon_thumright:

dude, if you're worried about feedback etc, you could always go the "hollow" tele option. i was unsure about solid vs. thinline, and ended up going for the hollow, just to cut down on the weight and add the f-hole (i think they are sexy as hell). plus the added body contours (which you can omit if you dont want them) are super comfy.
i've never had a problem with feedback, other than standard tube-amp hi-gain feedback (happens with all my guitars on some settings).

as with the neck pocket, i ended up requesting a strat pocket to be routed. the thing is, i think once you see how awesome the warmoth stuff turns out, you'd be pretty reluctant to send it back  :tard: their stuff really is that good.

the strat pocket leaves more options, and although all the necks will fit in a tele pocket, it still has those gaps around the square edge of the pocket. i'm sure it's hugely debatable as to whether it would effect sustain to any noticeable degree (opinions and a**holes), but lets just go with general thought processes and say that the more contact the neck has with the pocket, the better it will sustain.

and if you ever DID want a standard tele headstock, you could get warmoth to custom-shape a strat headstock to look like a tele, and it would have the strat pocket. just quietly, mine sports a warmoth headstock, and it looks pretty mint i must say  :eek:ccasion14:

good luck with the planning/building, i know it takes time!!! (i looked on the site for around 18 months before deciding  :sad: :tard: :sad1:) :evil4:

rightintheface said:
dude, if you're worried about feedback etc, you could always go the "hollow" tele option. i was unsure about solid vs. thinline, and ended up going for the hollow, just to cut down on the weight and add the f-hole (i think they are sexy as hell). plus the added body contours (which you can omit if you dont want them) are super comfy.
i've never had a problem with feedback, other than standard tube-amp hi-gain feedback (happens with all my guitars on some settings).

as with the neck pocket, i ended up requesting a strat pocket to be routed. the thing is, i think once you see how awesome the warmoth stuff turns out, you'd be pretty reluctant to send it back  :tard: their stuff really is that good.

the strat pocket leaves more options, and although all the necks will fit in a tele pocket, it still has those gaps around the square edge of the pocket. i'm sure it's hugely debatable as to whether it would effect sustain to any noticeable degree (opinions and a**holes), but lets just go with general thought processes and say that the more contact the neck has with the pocket, the better it will sustain.

and if you ever DID want a standard tele headstock, you could get warmoth to custom-shape a strat headstock to look like a tele, and it would have the strat pocket. just quietly, mine sports a warmoth headstock, and it looks pretty mint i must say  :eek:ccasion14:

good luck with the planning/building, i know it takes time!!! (i looked on the site for around 18 months before deciding  :sad: :tard: :sad1:) :evil4:

I still think I'm gonna go solid,  unless someone can give me some serious convincing.  You have a great point about the sustain thing, I hadn't even considered that,  I guess I'll probably go with a strat pocket.

Wow i guess i didn't need any convincing at all...:doh:  I think I want it hollow,  My main reason to go solid was for the different tones,  but I realize I have a strat for that.  If my budget will allow than i will definitely go hollow,  also I think tobacco burst would look good with the goncalo.   

Ya'll beat me to the hollow option suggestion.  You can get the F-hole too for the Thinline appearance.  Also, I think Warmoth may do a full or half Thinline.  In otherwords, get only the top portion hollow.

I still think depends on the tone you want... and I don't think a tele with HB will sound close to your strat, so didn't understand the X + Y = Z idea you said  :laughing7:

But, as I said, you can have some nice tones with thinline, if the tone you want goes to that direction... Be sure to ask 24-3/4, to me 335 is the first thing that comes in mind when people say in hollow... Jack told us that his L5S Black Korina + Rosewood is amazing and he is retiring his 335... :icon_biggrin:

NonsenseTele said:
I still think depends on the tone you want... and I don't think a tele with HB will sound close to your strat, so didn't understand the X + Y = Z idea you said  :laughing7:

But, as I said, you can have some nice tones with thinline, if the tone you want goes to that direction... Be sure to ask 24-3/4, to me 335 is the first thing that comes in mind when people say in hollow... Jack told us that his L5S Black Korina + Rosewood is amazing and he is retiring his 335... :icon_biggrin:

I definitely like the hollow tones a lot.  But I really don't like the shorter scale.  Feels like a toy sometimes.

I'm probably gonna order the neck tonight. 

Tell me if I'm missing anything.

Goncalo CBS warmoth pro.
Ziricote fingerboard w/ compound radius.
6105 frets. (still not 100% sure on that)
'59 roundback contour.

What nut plans do you have?
Don't just guess on the frets - figure out what you like before you buy.

tfarny said:
What nut plans do you have?
Don't just guess on the frets - figure out what you like before you buy.

I'm gonna do corian.  I don't figure I need anything too impressive.  On the frets I'll have to see whats on my strat cause I love those.  I'll measure them before I order for sure. 

If you send a good close-up picture somebody could eyeball it and give you a guesstimate.

Back