So close...

exalted

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270376661639#ht_709wt_1165

Guess who's stolen guitar finally made its way to eBay!

(Hint: Mine)

I'm in Sacramento.

I called the police yesterday. Just waiting to hear back.

I've been looking for another one of these since mine was stolen (in December). Not even MINE...just any lefty Schecter Hellcat. They're impossible to find, and suddenly one shows up in Sacramento with the same aftermarket straplocks and a sanded-off serial number?

There's no way it isn't mine. And I want it back, dammit!

I knew that the (presumably) right-handed lowlife that took it couldn't hold on to it forever.  :laughing7:

Good luck man!

If I had an ebay account, I'd probably ask the (insert expletive of choice here) "I've been looking for one of these forever! Where'd you find it? It's been hard to find a lefty one, but we're a cursed crowd on guitar..."

I hope something can be done. That kind of thing really ticks me off. :evil4:

Thanks.

I'm really hoping the police will help me out. Otherwise, I'm going to have to figure something out.

I was thinking about maybe buying it, paying for it with a credit card, then doing a reverse charge, since the guitar was described as being in excellent condition...missing a serial number is not in excellent condition. :p

But hey, that guitar getting stolen was what brought me to Warmoth in the first place. So I guess it wasn't ALL bad. (well, assuming being introduced to Warmoth is a good thing...before I just needed that guitar, now I 'need' four or five more.)

Do you have pictures of you with the guitar?

And how could you tell about the straplocks on the pics there, along with the serial number? (I can't find a serial number at all.

Well, the standard strap buttons on the hellcat are chrome. Those are black, and they look more "mushroom" shaped than the Schaller strap locks (which seem to be the most widespread). And they should, because they're Dunlop.

No pictures of me with the guitar, unfortunately. At least not that I've found. I have the invoice and police report, though.

As for the serial number, it's supposed to be on the back of the neck, and should look like this one's: http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-Hellcat-VI-Bass-6-Six-String-Bass-VI-Tuning_W0QQitemZ120407428326QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item120407428326

I say good luck, but it's gonna be hard to prove that it was yours without the serial number. Unless Schecter put's the number elswhere on the guitar. And a different set of strap locks is hardly proof it's yours. I'm not saying it isn't, just saying there's not a lot to go on without the numbers... :dontknow:

I know it'll be hard to prove.

As for the serial number, nope, per Schecter, that's the only place it was.

I'm not saying the strap lock thing will prove it's mine to the police. But it proves it's mine to me. Though I suppose if I go buy another set of Dunlop strap locks and give them the button and tell them to compare it to what's on the guitar, that might at least prove I have an intimate knowledge of the guitar without having seen it up close/in person.

Just like a car with the VIN removed/altered, if the serial number has been intentionally removed that should at least prove it's stolen.....I hope.

Ah, I know the above sounds pretty weak, and normally I'd think so, too.

But it has more to do with the above AND the rarity of the guitar. If it were an MIM Strat, I know I wouldn't have a case. But this guitar is extremely, extremely elusive. I hope that will count for something.

Well best of luck. I'm not sure I would have tipped my hand by posting here until the police took some action, but good luck getting it back either way.

I don't think it's the thief that's posting it. Looking at his other auctions, he looks like a junk collector - NOS tubes, old tube power amps, janky guitars from the 60's. No iPods, TV's, cell phones, etc, like you'd expect from a burglar or the sort.

Still, I have his username, and eBay has his contact information. I'm not opposed to paying for that guitar, but I want it back either way.

exalted said:
I don't think it's the thief that's posting it. Looking at his other auctions, he looks like a junk collector - NOS tubes, old tube power amps, janky guitars from the 60's. No iPods, TV's, cell phones, etc, like you'd expect from a burglar or the sort.

Still, I have his username, and eBay has his contact information. I'm not opposed to paying for that guitar, but I want it back either way.

Most stolen items around here end up in pawn shops, maybe he owns one and uses ebay to sell some stuff  :dontknow:  Actually pawn shops around here can't accept any items without contact and ID information of the person selling it to them...  Makes it easier for police to sort stuff like this out.

That's what I'm hoping.

I wouldn't mind getting my amp back, and I know my wife really misses her basses.

Alternatively, I would be happy retrieving none of those items, and seeing the person who stole them go to prison for a few years.

Yeah. It's not as unique as a Warmoth, and even though I now have a Warmoth I built myself, that Hellcat feels a little more personal. It was just 'right' for me.

Though if I get it back, I think I might put a wenge/bloodwood neck on it.  :guitaristgif:

I would ask him if I could drop by locally to try out the guitar before I buy it.

I would also introduce him to Cuddles, my German Shephard Police Dog, if I came to the conclusion that the guitar was 1) mine, and 2) that he stole it.

exalted said:
That's what I'm hoping.

I wouldn't mind getting my amp back, and I know my wife really misses her basses.

Alternatively, I would be happy retrieving none of those items, and seeing the person who stole them go to prison for a few years.

Was it all stolen at the same time?
was it at a gig or did they break in at your home?
(I have been worried lately about having my guitars all in one of my front facing bedrooms)
I think I would introduce him to my fist... hehe

Back