So close...

Yeah, I know. I'm excited, but of course things can always go wrong.

He actually e-mailed me (he figured it was me who e-mailed him about seeing it in person). He seems like a nice guy.

But the good news is, it still has a serial number on it...so as long as it really is my guitar, we're in business. I'll find out tomorrow.

While assembling my current project, I'm putting pieces of paper saying "Stolen from MY NAME", my TX driver's license number, and the date on it in various, hidden places places.  One is between the battery box and body.  Another will be in the control cavity.  A third between the neckplate and body, and under the bridge.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
While assembling my current project, I'm putting pieces of paper saying "Stolen from MY NAME", my TX driver's license number, and the date on it in various, hidden places places.  One is between the battery box and body.  Another will be in the control cavity.  A third between the neckplate and body, and under the bridge.

I've got my name inside my Rickenbackers - I think I'll do it for my teles as well.

Yep. I think that's the way to go from here on out.

What kind of thief would open up a stolen guitar to tinker with the pickups?  :laughing11:

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:

That's a good idea Turbo.

If you have a serial number engraved on the project guitar, maybe make it your driver's licence number, so you know what to tell the cops if it ever gets stolen.  You wouldn't want to engrave your licence number onto any hardware that might end up being replaced, if later found to be unsatisfactory to you, as you couldn't on sell the part (like pickups or bridge assemblies).

I think, also, that Stew Mac or some other wholesaler online, is selling computer chips to insert into the guitar so the thing could be scanned if found after being stolen. Like what they put on your pets in some places.

Just an update: Serial number matches - it's my guitar, 100% sure.

Bad news is, their property department is closed on Fridays. I have to wait 'til monday.  :sad: :hello2:

Hooray!  I figured the seller wasn't a crook based on his reviews.  You're a lucky guy exalted!

Yeah, I sure am! :guitaristgif:

It's a shame about the rest of the stuff...it's probably long gone. But I suppose that's easier to replace.

Back