So close...

Thanks, all!

Max - Through internet snooping I got the seller's full name and contact info. I turned it over to the police, and they called him. He willingly brought in the guitar. He was a nice guy.

dbw - I'm sure she's not THAT pleased. She didn't get her basses back. Oh well. This one's all about me....but at least she'll finally get me to shut up about it.

I went home on my lunch break and introduce her to my new rig - I've learned a lot about guitars since it was stolen, and all of that has only made me appreciate this guitar more. It really is a great axe, and I'm ecstatic to have it back. A lot of the songs I've written since I lost it sound way better than on my Warmoth (not all though - so both will continue to see plenty of use).

Of course, now I'm going to start eying a Warmoth neck for her. I'm thinking wenge/ebony, '59 roundback, CBS headstock, 24.75" conversion, with an ebony headstock veneer.

exalted said:
Wewt. My Warmoth now has a little (older?) sibling.
Glad to see the happy ending....And for the record it's.....
woot.gif

Not Wewt.... :icon_biggrin:

exalted said:
Thanks, all!

Max - Through internet snooping I got the seller's full name and contact info. I turned it over to the police, and they called him. He willingly brought in the guitar. He was a nice guy.

dbw - I'm sure she's not THAT pleased. She didn't get her basses back. Oh well. This one's all about me....but at least she'll finally get me to shut up about it.

I went home on my lunch break and introduce her to my new rig - I've learned a lot about guitars since it was stolen, and all of that has only made me appreciate this guitar more. It really is a great axe, and I'm ecstatic to have it back. A lot of the songs I've written since I lost it sound way better than on my Warmoth (not all though - so both will continue to see plenty of use).

Of course, now I'm going to start eying a Warmoth neck for her. I'm thinking wenge/ebony, '59 roundback, CBS headstock, 24.75" conversion, with an ebony headstock veneer.

This was so great to read,exalted.. Real happy for you. Not often you hear of stolen property making it's way back to you. :icon_thumright:

Back