Snowed In

mayfly

Epic Member
Here's last night's work.  It's missing the violin solo and we'll probably re-cut the vocals to get the drum bleed out, but it's pretty good I think.  I left the band chatter in because it's rather funny.  Sounds like we smoked a pound of weed each  :)

Attachments

• Snowed InMay6Mastered.mp3
    7.7 MB
I'm sorry. I'm such a bitch, and I'm not doing anything better so I'm no one to talk. But, 1 minute of mindless band chatter and three minutes of hillbilly cliché? Felt like I'd walked into a backwater bar in Kentucky and had to yell to get a warm beer. I could almost smell the cigarette smoke. Saw the singer in a gingham top tied above the belly button, with Daisy Dukes below it displaying a prominent camel toe. Guitar player had on a wicker cowboy hat, plaid shirt, jeans and steel-toed shitkickers while his well-worn Tele hung at about crotch level, where he knew it was cool. Drummer was sweating like pig, suffering the DTs waiting on that evening's crowd to come in and start buying rounds for the band.

Wait... did I say all that out loud?  :laughing7:

What I meant to say was: Well done, but I was bored to death. I don't even know how I'm typing this. Rigor mortis should set in by now. Leave it off the album.

Awesome!  I love the image of Theresa in daisy dukes  :)

I'm not going to put in the band chatter on the real record btw- just thought it was funny enough to share.

P.S.  listened to it again.  Hmmmm.  Yea it's a little repetitive in places.  Needs some work.

ok Kevin,  check out this version

Attachments

• Snowed InMay15Mastered.mp3
    7.6 MB
Much better. Sounds like a professional piece now. Violin is a nice add. I can't decide if I'd like to hear more or less distortion on the guitar. It's just on the hairy edge of breaking up, which may be just right but a fatter clean might fill in some space. I'd get some other opinions on that one.

Back