Showcase: Arrange bodies/necks by date posted

clearerphish

So I've been watching the showcase for a while, getting ideas for a new strat build. It annoys me to no end when I see they've added new bodies, that I have to look through 360 bodies to try and see if I can spot the new ones. Can the new ones be added to the front of the website so at a glance you can see the new bodies?

Seriously, warmoth needs to have options for sorting through the bodies, maybe by price too. Not so hard to scan if you're looking for a carved top LP, but a strat?

It's annoying.

You CAN sort in the showcase, but it's at the bottom of the page and not at the top where you might expect it.You can sort by item number, price, weight or date. And the newest bodies have the highest item numbers. And you can combine this with the filter.

To really keep up to date on what's new you can also subscribe to the RSS feed.

I still think the by dat might be a good idea so you don't have have to look through all to see the new ones can just clack and BANG their there

If you take a look at the Showcase item numbers, you'll see they are in numeric order.  If you watch the Showcase for a while, you may note the newest items have the highest numbers.  It wouldn't be much of a stretch to infer older pieces would have lower numbers and newer pieces have higher numbers.

I think that there's a point in having the date sort field (Fenderman, it's not just a good idea, it's already there!). It wasn't immediately obvious to me, because as Wylee pointed out, since higher item numbers correspond to newer items, it seemed that sorting on date or on item number should give identical results. But if you do a filter accross body/neck styles (for instance all spalted maple tops) you would get a mix of item number ranges (there is a separate range for each body/neck type) and in that case sorting on date does make sense. But guys, before requesting some new feature or other, please first check that it really doesn't exist yet!

No, I wasn't saying that because I was assuming things about how it should work based on what the buttons say. I just did a minimum amount of testing and it doesn't seem to do what you would expect. Even if you ask to sort by date, it still keeps grouping by category first. On top of that, regardless of the sort requested, it still keeps the 'highlited' items at the top of the list. I think only the programmer can shed some light on what it doing exactly, because the date itself doesn't displey so its kinda hard to figure out exactly what it's doing.

ByteFrenzy said:
But guys, before requesting some new feature or other, please first check that it really doesn't exist yet!

Yeah, that one's on me. Stellar first post.  :laughing7:

The bad thing is, I truly can't tell you how many times I set the results to 200 per page...which would be right next to all the sort options. I just never noticed them. Sorry guys, but thanks for cluing me in to that. It's already made my browsing so much easier. Now if they just hadn't have sold that blueburst ripple quilt strat out from under me. :)

Back