Show us your pics!

I got that beast outside of Truro Harbor on Cape Cod...the rod is a 10wt Hardy one-piece, so there are really no 'weak spots' like there could be with a 4-pc
rod w/ferrules....And, BTW, the Black Drum in the Louisiana pic weighs 45lbs, and was caught on
a 7wt in two feet of water.....YOWZA!!

Great Ape, those are some nice catches! I love fishing, myself, though I've yet to catch anything quite that large. Caught a Barracuda once, though. Almost lost a finger! Ah, the joys of fishing. Fly fishing is a wonderful thing, though I go fly fishing far less often than in recent years. Very cool pics, dude!  :cool01:

StubHead said:
Like, I need another guitar, I'm a-gonna die without it wah. fricking teeth.

I hear you. In the last 3 years, I have had 9 titanium implants surgically placed. Sometime in the next 4 - 6 months, after the last two implants fully integrate, I will implement my Final Solution. Extraction of all remaining teeth and installation of snap-in over-dentures. Cost is -- significant (raiding my 401K for a 3 year loan). But, it is what it is. FYI, I have a form of indolent leukemia (systemic mastocyctosis) that my dentist(s) says has affected my teeth in such a way as I am losing them earlier than most people (I am 52). Good luck with yours, the guitars can wait :)

This was Sunday at the SRV Remembrance Ride and Concert.  Backlined Ampeg 810 rig.

SRV18-03.jpg

Oops....is it a nighthawk? Blueshawk? Sorry.. not very educated on the more obscure Gibson models..

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
This was Sunday at the SRV Remembrance Ride and Concert.  Backlined Ampeg 810 rig.

SRV18-03.jpg
Duuuuuuuuuuude, wish you would have said something. I usually go every year, would have been kick ass to see y'all play there. So did y'all actually get to play at Cowboys? :doh:

Yup, Marko.  Blueshawk, Nighthawk, something like that.  It's a neat guitar for Gibson.  Despite it's appearance, it's a LP for Strat guys.  25.5" scale, 5-way switch, coil splitting.  It's a tiny body though.  I've played it, and it looks like a toy on me.  They had a Gold Top version at GC, the finish was horrible.  The grain fill was shotty.

Doug, I blew up my FB.  Sorry.  Cool event.  We opened at noon, then the Harless Brothers, Van Wilkes, Wes Jeans, and Ian Moore.  Got to meet Ian, cool guy.  I found out he was in the music scenes in Sling Blade, Doyle's (Dwight Yoakam) band.  It benefits music scholarships, so they like to have kids play with the bands.  We had a promising 15 year old from from PA play with us most of our set.  Tallon Latz played a few songs with Van Wilkes and Ian Moore.

Here's a pic with the kid playing with us.

SRV18-01.jpg

Kickstarting this thread again!

542578_161678167315007_665184246_n.jpg

I brought my warmoth strat with me to a local photo studio. I'm pretty pleased with the results!

Guitar and Owner of the year, anyone?  :laughing7:

I know it gets a bit chilly in Norway, but I gotta tell ya - cardigans have been "out" for about 30 years or so. "loose" looks good now.

Of course, loose/light clothing can be a bit uncomfortable in lower temperatures. I know I have a constant battle with my roommate about where the thermostat should be set because I don't like to dress heavily.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Cardigan or not, I love the rockin' out picks when an electric guitar is sans cord.

Yogi Berra said that ninety percent of rockin' out is half mental anyway.  :icon_jokercolor:

Back