Music Saves

Timmsie95

Hey everyone
I'm just here to say that no matter what you're going through, stick to your music! It will guide you through any pain that you may encounter.

In highschool, i wasn't the most popular kid in school. I had colored hair, wore band tees and skinny jeans with a leather jacket, had piercings. Your typical punk metalhead. I got made fun of every day for it, and dug myself deep into a hole that i thought I'd never get out of. It got to the point where i didn't even want to look at my guitars. Then one day, one of my acquaintances approached me and wanted to perform at the school's variety show, and it took ne some convincing, but i agreed. It was the first time I'd play with a full band, infront of people. We practiced our asses of for this show, auditioned, and they loved it, so we got the second-from-headlining act.
The nighy of the performance was the best night of my life, and it brought me out of this hole i had dug.
Four years later, life has changed, and i came down with an illness that could have killed me, and i was right back where i started. But then, i came across the video that was taken of us performing, and i missed that feeling.
Sp i picked up the dusty old goldtop and started practicing again. That was just over a month ago, and I'm starting to feel so much more poaitive about everytging in life.
All this, just to say, keep practicing. Play every day. Even if it's five minutes, it will help.
It helps me release emotion.
And here is that very performance. I'm that awkward kid with purple hair holding the goldtop, who messed up his solo  :laughing7:
[youtube]PIfcXFMNCFQ[/youtube]

I can relate to your story in a lot of ways. When in conversation people say they wish they could go back and re-visit their high school years, my initial reaction is, "Are you friggin nuts?" I reckon their experience was a little different... Couldn't drag me back there, haha! The guitar has been my escape since I picked it up at age 14, an unfathomable 22 years ago. Thanks for sharing. 
:rock-on:

Yeah, the only "fun times" I had in highschool, were hanging out with these guys, skipping class, and eating lunch... haha  :laughing7:
:headbang:

Same story!  Music stopped me for chewing on the barrel of my dad's .45.  Had the worst adolescent chapter ever.  Later realized where the gift of music came from :).

Back