Show us your pics!

Earlier this year I found out my great great grandmother was full blood Chickasaw.  I had no idea.  I always knew there was a little Cherokee on my mom's side, but to find out that I'm also 1/16 Chickasaw on my dad's side was amazing to me.  So cool! 

I'm a full-blooded North American myself. I don't think that's so amazing, but I am happy to be that rather than a polar bear.

line6man said:
Teletuby said:
I am 1/4 black, you know high school science, xx crosses wth yy and throws xy xy xx yy, well I came out yy, of 6 siblings we have 1 yy, 1 xx and 4 xy's, my kids are all xy's so no one is going to be telling racist jokes to them and then saying they are so sorry they would have never had said that if they had known. Never had anyone ever said they learned that maybe race is not an issue. I also have been fired once they found out. Illegal, yep but then do you want to work with a racist?
the world would just be a lot better if we all realized we are all the same species, what difference to a dog or cat does color matter? it should be the same with us.

All this time I thought you were a black cat. :dontknow:
guess this is the reason I usually do not post pictures of myself, I can walk into a black joint with one of my brothers, and get treated like shit, and I get treated like shit when white guys find out my racial heritage It is just easier to just hide.

We're all descended from amoebas if you trace it back far enough.  So sad there is all this tension in the world between people who look slightly different.

I think of all of you as guitar people,  Some may be sonic blue, some may be dakota red, some gold tops, some trans orange, etc.  Whatever.  Its all good.

I guess the reason I can be so thin skinned is I have always been the center of attention because of it, and usually in a negative way''

it gets old being considered  "people like you"

Teletuby said:
guess this is the reason I usually do not post pictures of myself, I can walk into a black joint with one of my brothers, and get treated like shite, and I get treated like shite when white guys find out my racial heritage It is just easier to just hide.

Unbelievable that in 2011 this still is an issue but unfortunately it is.

My mother is from the Netherlands Antilles by the way (a dutch colony in the caribean). While I have a caucasian skin my dark brown eyes, thick curly hair, wider nose and full lips give away that I'm not full 'white'. In school I've been bullied at times for being a 'white negro' as they'd call it and while it obviously did hurt, I never saw it as racism. Just as being picked on for being different. I dont think ever in my adult life I've been subjected to racism.

My whole family on my mother's side is a nice mix. I have a full cousin who's father (my uncle) has chinese blood and it shows. Other cousins are properly brown skinned.

to push this even further off topic. a lot of people in the netherlands are godless whores. (which can be  both a positive and a negative depending on how you look at it.)

:evil4:

But anyways. I always get amused when people get my race wrong. broad features and olive skin is a tricky thing to decipher when you cross it with some anglo/nordic.

PS I have a very racist grandfather. he made sure to let me know all about the flaws and strengths of every single fragment of my racial background.

not to be confused with countries of origin.

Sorry Justatele.. I didn't mean any offense or to start any kind of race discussion...
It is my fault for only reading partial messages on the forum. I picture certain forum members in a way which usually turn out completely wrong

Anyway I love people of all races and cultures!!

(Except for the Greek.. I really hate the Greek)
(oh and the Belgians of course.. can't stand those people)

( :icon_biggrin:)

SPRINKLES said:
to push this even further off topic. a lot of people in the netherlands are godless whores.

Don't get me started about the Dutch!! those filthy bastards make me sick!!

The Central Scrutinizer said:
SPRINKLES said:
to push this even further off topic. a lot of people in the netherlands are godless whores.

There's this one guy, just... Dutch. That's the only way to describe him.

I'm 1/4 Japanese, and I fully embrace the jokes involving it. I probably make up half of them.

Max said:
SPRINKLES said:

There's this one guy, just... Dutch. That's the only way to describe him.

I'm 1/4 Japanese, and I fully embrace the jokes involving it. I probably make up half of them.
Remind me of a little discussion that I had with my co-workers like an hour ago. We work in IT, all system engineers. Basically system engineers are considered notoriously lazy since they manage their servers remotely and automate as much work as possible.

Co-worker: "I said during my job interview that I'm lazy."
Me: "I just tell people that I'm half-Antillean."

I'm French-Canadian (a Quebecker), so the rest of the country doesn't like me. But I'm also an Anglo, so the Québécois don't like me. At least in Canada, you have to hear a person speak to know if you're supposed to hate them; I tend to just keep my mouth shut.  :icon_biggrin:

Sorry Justatele.. I didn't mean any offense or to start any kind of race discussion...
It is my fault for only reading partial messages on the forum. I picture certain forum members in a way which usually turn out completely wrong

Anyway I love people of all races and cultures!!

(Except for the Greek.. I really hate the Greek)
(oh and the Belgians of course.. can't stand those people)

( :icon_biggrin:)
no offense taken
I was just , well , I get it from both sides a lot, sometimes I vent in the wrong place, this really was wrong of me,

I apologize to everyone.

this is mine to deal with, not yours. 

Jonesey said:
I'm French-Canadian (a Quebecker), so the rest of the country doesn't like me. But I'm also an Anglo, so the Québécois don't like me. At least in Canada, you have to hear a person speak to know if you're supposed to hate them; I tend to just keep my mouth shut.  :icon_biggrin:

I'm french Canadian living outside Quebec - The anglos think I'm Quebecker, and the Quebeckers think I'm necessarily descended from Quebeckers. When I explain to them that my last ancestor that lived in Quebec was in the early 1800's, they decide I'm just a trained monkey that does parlor tricks. Vive les deux solitudes!

You said it. What part of the country are you living in? The pure laines in Québec tend to forget there are French-speakers elsewhere, so I always like to note where they are and point them out.  :laughing7:

Calgary. And believe it or not my wife teaches primary school in FRENCH here. There are at least 6 full french all-level schools here, and more than 30 immersion schools. All told, 16 000 people listed their first official language as french on the 2006 census for Calgary - I suspect that number is probably bigger with the ongoing influx of construction labor and engineers here. 

mrpinter said:
Here are a couple of pictures of me with my granddaughter Madeline at the LA Zoo:

DadMaddyzoo2.jpg

She's a gorgeous little girl.

really digging' the specs! there are few people who could pull those off, and they're really cool.  :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the compliments you two. Yeah my granddaughter is really special. When she visits she wants me to play guitar for her and she dances. She's 3 yrs old and she's starting to read! As far as the glasses, they're made by a Belgian company called Theo, in case you're interested. Kind of hard to find, they have some really cool styles. I liked them, but wearing something different now.

mrpinter said:
Thanks for the compliments you two. Yeah my granddaughter is really special. When she visits she wants me to play guitar for her and she dances. She's 3 yrs old and she's starting to read! As far as the glasses, they're made by a Belgian company called Theo, in case you're interested. Kind of hard to find, they have some really cool styles. I liked them, but wearing something different now.
Great photos mrpinter!

Back