Short scale Jazz Bass - FINALLY FINISHED!!! Updated with good pics

too bad about that pau-ferro fretboard not having more of its own species to keep it company  :icon_jokercolor:

seriously, though, it looks absolutely killer  :glasses9:

hannaugh said:
I kind of wish now I had gotten the bubinga knobs instead of the walnut, but I can always change that later.  I thought at the time that the bubinga would be too orange, but the walnut is too dark in my opinion.  Oh well, maybe I'll get the other ones later.
I don't know if it's different in person, but in the photos it looks like a great match for the pickguard colors - I think everything as a whole looks terrific, you nailed a great vibe - congrats!  :icon_thumright:

I noticed on my Jazzmaster that the low-E doesn't run entirely straight to the tuning peg, whereas it does on my Fender Stratocaster. I see, in Hannaugh's pics that the Warmoth low-E run to the machine is even more exaggeratedly diagonal on a bass.

Does this bug anyone else? I can't see any reason why Warmoth couldn't position the tuning machine holes so that each string had a straight run to its peg.

All that said, it's a lovely bass. The dots really do pop with the Daphne blue.

Both my Warmoth & half-moth basses have straight string pull, but I make my own nuts. Those kind-of-violent pickguards do a wonderful job making pastel paints colors look really cool, huh? You could have put the marbled green or marbled blue ones on there and it would still be poifect! (yo hubby can't read, I hope- that next one's gettin' closer... who doesn't need a fretless?) 

I honestly think being a cutie playing bass in LA has got to be a really serious career op. Now you just need a rig & a system for remembering songs.

http://guitarthinker.com/nashville-number-system/

Hmmm - wanna buy a SWR SM-500?  :evil4:

Very nice build Hannaugh!! Really like the color and choice of hardware  :rock-on:

Back