Short scale Jazz Bass - FINALLY FINISHED!!! Updated with good pics

hannaugh

Master Member
:hello2:  :toothy10:  :cool01:

I finally got it done and had some time to take pics!  The paint looks pretty washed out under our crappy lights.  These pics are not the best, but I will take more after Christmas (a little bird told me I'm getting a really nice new camera). 

Anywho: Swamp Ash Daphne Blue body, raw bubinga/pau ferro neck with SS frets, Roadhouse humbucking Jazz bass pickups, Warmoth bridge plate from Doug, walnut knobs, GHS Brite Flat short scale strings, CTS pots, gotoh bridge, domestic shorthaired tabby w/ green eyes and lots of attitude.

It sounds and plays really nice so far, but unfortunately today my husband accidentally broke one of the pots while we were trying to get the knobs on there, so I'll have to get a new one before I can really start jamming. 

6541315323_fe06ccfb30_z.jpg

6541315779_1f27bb049a_z.jpg

6541315985_0e6dc20595_z.jpg

You can kind of see here how the abalone dots really pick up the Daphne blue.  It looks great in person.

6541315131_d28bb18348_z.jpg

"This bass thing is in my spot!"

6541315551_7049e8213b_z.jpg

UPDATE: I took some better pictures today that are a much better representation of the colors.

6655761077_1af893601a_b.jpg

6655760173_a9ee509fb0_b.jpg

6655760449_dc0d23b0d0_b.jpg

6655760785_c1d46483b6_z.jpg

6655759825_638df06b7e_b.jpg

Crazy cats always have to hog the camera...

:blob7: Yippie Yar-Yar

Looks great hannaugh  :icon_thumright:
Yeah there's something about Abolone inlays, that just seem to look BEST on Blue or Green finishes.
(well thats just me)

Very nice indeed  :icon_biggrin:

Cats can't play bass. Geddy Lee notwithstanding, their voice is too high-pitched.

Very, very nicely done.  Looking forward to many happy tales of the victories you achieve with your shiny new thunder-broom.

Bagman

You know, your next post is a real milestone. Might want to say something pithy, rather than ragging on cats <grin>

hannaugh said:
unfortunately today my husband accidentally broke one of the pots while we were trying to get the knobs on there,
He must have been 'Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssssssshing to hard ........  :laughing7:    :icon_biggrin:  :icon_jokercolor:

Looks great!
Seeing this makes me want to build one.

Please consider that the ashtray will prevent you from getting your finger tips down into one of the great sweet spots
for a poppy sound.

Steve_Karl said:
Looks great!

Please consider that the ashtray will prevent you from getting your finger tips down into one of the great sweet spots
for a poppy sound.
probably so, but it looks awesome if I do say so myself... :headbang1:

Steve_Karl said:
Looks great!

for a poppy sound.

Luckily for me, it is removable!  :laughing7:  Or hey, maybe I can tell my husband that it's not removable, and that I need to build another Warmoth... hmmm...  :evil4:

Thanks for all the comments, guys!  I'm very happy with it.  I kind of wish now I had gotten the bubinga knobs instead of the walnut, but I can always change that later.  I thought at the time that the bubinga would be too orange, but the walnut is too dark in my opinion.  Oh well, maybe I'll get the other ones later. 

Back