Short Scale P/J Bass Build (Roasted Swamp Ash)

TK4261

Hi Everyone,
Been quite a while since I posted a project. I just received this custom order Short Scale neck and body last week and I am really happy with how they both turned out. I reshaped the Warhead headstock and I'm adding Luminlay side dots today. Test fitted the hardware and i think this will be a great little Bass when finished. I'll keep posting progress pics  :eek:ccasion14:

Specs:

Body: Short Scale P, Roasted Swamp Ash with clear satin (reverse P pickup route)

Neck: 30" Warhead  Goncalo Alves with Wenge Fretboard, Abalone dots and Gold EVO 6150 frets.

Harware:  Schaller Vintage copper

Electronics:  EMG X P/J set with BTC controls

gDcY7YO.jpg

WAI1PMp.jpg

gVvqLZD.jpg

wT0rH5E.jpg

0XnB98r.jpg

8Xdyvaw.jpg

YRFTnbc.jpg

BdZ3Vso.jpg

X1bgyvT.jpg

doixBUe.jpg

NtLNIGk.jpg

BRs4z7O.jpg

Gorgeous neck! I like the copper/bronze hardware too, very unique without being too over the top.

Yesterday I installed the Luminlay side dots and applied my logo. now I'm just adding about 6 coats of Tru-Oil on the face of the headstock to protect the logo...Turning out good so far  :glasses10:

pkUuO95.jpg

SKDYXkO.jpg

vyhNKTY.jpg

Zebra said:
I don't even like basses, but I love this!  :blob7:

Now imagine my joy and envy (and not just a little inspiration for future projects) at seeing these pics AS a bass player! :)

Thank you everyone for the nice comments! I dropped off the neck and Body to the Luthier for final assembly and set up. I should have it back in a week or two...Really excited to play it.  :bass:

JK9D0re.jpg

toaOBu2.jpg

Back