September Guitar/Bass of the Month: OWNER FINISHED-- WINNER!!!

who should win?

• Total voters
Merr said:
still have to buff this out but wanted to share. Thanks for all the help on the phone Spike !

Is it a Warmoth LPS body? It kinda looks different. I'm asking because I have a LPS build in mind, anyways that guitar is sick.

This was my 2nd Warmoth build and first one I finished. Very simple finish, done in Tru-Oil using a "French Polish" method. Black Korina hardtail body with a Ziricote-Ziricote neck.

at Jack and Troubled those guitars are awesome. I dig both the Tele and the Strat.  At Exam, my guitar was cut from an awesomely bookmatched Alder blank from Warmoth.

I may be very wrong, but when TT put that strat on the ring, all the oponents entered in "Finish Him" mode, he just need to do the fatality as he wants!!!
I'm a sucker for this guitar!

Alright, I'll give it another shot.

l_00879261ae3b4f2a8da475dd712918f1.jpg

l_4b2bdb9d4eb3473bbbc16ccab5c9753e.jpg

My entry:

My Maple WGD:
l_944c60cecf84420c96580c7265bd27da.jpg

l_5770abad64a34ffa82b5f9926b828fc1.jpg

I was going to enter my recent strat build, but then I realized that it only has a Turtle pickguard, and from what I've read, that ain't enough to enter this contest......But the pickguard is a custom pickguard, no edge bevel so I could inlay it.  I'll let Dave make the call on if I can enter it or not!

My entry
The body is a hollow Mahogany from Warmoth. The neck is a Warmoth "CBS Strat" Mahogany with Rosewood fretboard.  I sanded and sealed the body, primed it, painted it Blue, pinstriped it, masked the logo and number on the back, painted it White, removed the pinstriping and masking tape, applied many coats of clear, and applied copious amounts of rubbing compund and a lot of elbow grease.  I also painted the headstock, made the script logo for the headstock, sealed it all in clear (ditto for the rubbing compound and elbow grease).  The nut is an Earvana that I installed.  I installed Graphtech saddles in the bridge.  Pickups are a Calibrated set of "Blues" from Torres Engineering.  Pots include Torres Super Midrange and Tone, and Torres Blender. I wired everything myself, including installing an N-Tune onboard tuner as the Volume pot.

(Shhhh! Don't tell a certain "Evil Empire"  :laughing7: )

Okay, I'm a big fan of unimpeded views of natural woodgrain, but the Yankees guitar is gonna be the one to beat, so far.  I don't mind saying that's an extremely sweet finish job, dude, and I'm no fan of the boys from the Bronx.  Nicely done.

Peace

Bagman

hey Joe....(isn't that a song??)  Glad you entered...I voted for you last time around....

i gotta say that masking job is very impressive but im a diehard sox fan so you wont be getting my vote. nothing personal, it would just go against everything i believe in to vote for anything with the dreaded blue and white on it  :dontknow:  :toothy11:

DMRACO said:
hey Joe....(isn't that a song??)  Glad you entered...I voted for you last time around....
Thanks! I don't get to spend much time on UW now that my work decided to be internet nazis and block almost all online forums, but I love the GOTM threads...they are always so much fun that I bookmark them on my phone so I can still check up on it at work. I appreciate the vote too!!  :cool01:

i grew up an orioles fan, but that yankees guitar is awesome! great line-up so far considering how few were entered t first. very cool stuff

bagman67 said:
Okay, I'm a big fan of unimpeded views of natural woodgrain, but the Yankees guitar is gonna be the one to beat, so far.  I don't mind saying that's an extremely sweet finish job, dude, and I'm no fan of the boys from the Bronx.  Nicely done.

Peace

Bagman
Ditto, not a fan of any team from NY, but that is really cool for what it is.... :icon_thumright:

AndreG that is a way cool!
You should play the Star Spangle Banner at a game with that one.  :icon_thumright:

PS Are you a Yankees fan?  :laughing7:

Sorry AndreG, but I am from Kansas City and therefore not allowed to be a Yankees fan  :icon_tongue:
However, that is really a fantastic job you did not that strat.  Definitely the best so far for this month.
Good Luck...
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Black Dog said:
Sorry AndreG, but I am from Kansas City and therefore not allowed to be a Yankees fan  :icon_tongue:
However, that is really a fantastic job you did not that strat.  Definitely the best so far for this month.
Good Luck...
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Are you still in KC? I'm in Lee's Summit at the moment. I've met up with a few UW guys in the area already.

Back