September Guitar/Bass of the Month: OWNER FINISHED-- WINNER!!!

who should win?

• Total voters
Congrats, that is one SERIOUS piece of wood.  I kind of expected the New York Yankees guitar to win just for sheer originality, but all of the guitars this month were deserving.

I personally took the "which guitar would i most want to play if it were left-handed" approach and voted for the LP Jr.

Congratulations  :eek:ccasion14:
That really is a sweet piece of Korina!
Nice work on that finish as well...
:rock-on:

Thank you all very much. I am very honored by your votes and to be amongst all of the fine builds that take place here. There is so much originality. That Yankee guitar is a great example as are all the others.

FWIW that body never hit the showcase, it was a custom order and it was pure luck it ended up on my doorstep. I just wanted a korina body and never saw one with such figure before.

Cagey said:
And keep in mind there are only 109 shopping days left until Christmas! What're ya gonna build for yourself for that?

I have been lurking the showcase every single day for a nice light hardtail alder strat body with a wood grain that will go with a burst finish. I am going to finish it myself with a little help from a friend. It will be a nitro finish. It will be a vintage type build with some slightly underwound pickups.

Thank you all and thank you Warmoth for helping me build my ideas.  :icon_thumright:

Alder is a pretty plain grain, very similar to white pine. If you want to do a transparent burst on a lightweight body, you'd be better served with swamp ash. You gotta watch the weights listed, though. Not all swamp ash is light - some of it can get surprisingly heavy. But, it's not too unusual to see them at less than 3 and a half pounds. Those are the ones to have.

jalane said:
Congrats, that is one SERIOUS piece of wood.  I kind of expected the New York Yankees guitar to win just for sheer originality, but all of the guitars this month were deserving.

I personally took the "which guitar would i most want to play if it were left-handed" approach and voted for the LP Jr.

A lefty voting for a right handed guitar?  :icon_scratch: That's almost a hate crime!  :dontknow: No wonder we can only buy black Strats, with all this righty love you are throwing out there  :sad1:

:icon_jokercolor:  :laughing7:

(I know that sarcasm doesn't translate well to typed words...... I'm only kidding  :icon_thumright:)

Congratulations troubledtreble  :hello2: :hello2:
You got your self a very nice looking strat.

BigBeard said:
jalane said:

A lefty voting for a right handed guitar?  :icon_scratch: That's almost a hate crime!  :dontknow: No wonder we can only buy black Strats, with all this righty love you are throwing out there  :sad1:

(I know that sarcasm doesn't translate well to typed words...... I'm only kidding  :icon_thumright:)

:sad: Busted.  I have let my people down.  I have fallen into the temptations of the dark side...shame on me.

:icon_jokercolor:

jalane said:
BigBeard said:
jalane said:

:sad: Busted.  I have let my people down.  I have fallen into the temptations of the dark side...shame on me.

:icon_jokercolor:

Well...........  I guess we can let you slide this time............. :doh:

Yes, this has been my favorite strat since.. uh probably before this version of the forum!

Congrats!! now go for GOTY!

I'm going to keep voting for Interstate Joe until he wins something.  :laughing7:

yay! it looks great up there in the corner!!
unfortunately, now both Nando and myself have to change pants every time we go on the forum..

Marko said:
yay! it looks great up there in the corner!!
unfortunately, now both Nando and myself have to change pants every time we go on the forum..

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Thanks for putting it up there. This also happens to be my birthday month. Woo Hoo!

I have seen but not played this one, and it looks amazing. Nice work man! And, I'll be installing your pickups next week, I finally got a bridge to go with Tonar's body. Will keep you posted.

Nice-looking Start! Congrats to the winner. I missed the poll; can anyone fill me in on the breakdown of the votes, just for the sake of curiosity?

ErogenousJones said:
Nice-looking Start! Congrats to the winner. I missed the poll; can anyone fill me in on the breakdown of the votes, just for the sake of curiosity?

AndreG  - 6 (9%)
BigBeard - 4 (6%)
BigBob - 0 (0%)
ErogenousJones - 2 (3%)
Interstate Joe - 4 (6%)
JacktheHack - 11 (16.4%)
dmraco - 0 (0%)
Marko - 11 (16.4%)
Merr - 8 (11.9%)
ramonet - 4 (6%)
troubledtreble - 17 (25.4%)

Total Voters: 67