September Guitar/Bass of the Month: OWNER FINISHED-- WINNER!!!

who should win?

• Total voters

dmraco

Master Member
WINNER...CONGRATS TO:

troubledtreble
troubledtreble.jpg

SIGNIFICANT OTHERS>>>>

AndreG
andreG-1.jpg

bigbeard
bigbeard.jpg

bigbob
bigbob.jpg

ErogenousJones
ErogenousJones.jpg

inerstate joe
interstatejoe-1.jpg

jackthehack
Jackthehack.jpg

dmraco
DSC01039.jpg

marko
marko-1.jpg

merr
Merr.jpg

ramonet
ramonet.jpg

Dang I won't be done and assembled in time. Oh well, I'll try for November.

Good luck guys! i can't wait to see your stuff!

DM, two questions...... First can I enter a guitar I built for someone else?  And can I enter two guitars this month?  My WGD and the aformentioned ash strat?  My WGD won GOTM on another forum, but I'd really like to win this one also!

BigBeard said:
DM, two questions...... First can I enter a guitar I built for someone else?  And can I enter two guitars this month?  My WGD and the aformentioned ash strat?  My WGD won GOTM on another forum, but I'd really like to win this one also!

I would say yes to both...as long as you built/finished them.

DMRACO said:
BigBeard said:

Thanks brother.......  You know me, man, nobody finishes my guitar but me.  Oh shit, I forgot, my dad sprayed the neck on the strat for me cause my kid's asthma was really acting up when that time came, but he's a truck driver, definately not a pro by any stretch of the imagination.  He did a pretty good job too for Deft rattle can laquer!  But I did buy him dinner at Ponderosa for doing it for me, so by definition, he is a 'professional' cause I paid him in chicken wings, sirloin and carrot cake for his work!!!  Don't think that would count as being a 'pro' in this insance, though  :toothy12: I mean I could say that I took him out to dinner just to be nice....... but I really did take him out to dinner as a thank you for doing this task for me.  I'll let you decide, it's your contest :) Thanks, I'm gonna post pics here in a little bit!!!

BigBeard said:
DMRACO said:
BigBeard said:

Thanks brother.......  You know me, man, nobody finishes my guitar but me.  Oh shite, I forgot, my dad sprayed the neck on the strat for me cause my kid's asthma was really acting up when that time came, but he's a truck driver, definately not a pro by any stretch of the imagination.  He did a pretty good job too for Deft rattle can laquer!  But I did buy him dinner at Ponderosa for doing it for me, so by definition, he is a 'professional' cause I paid him in chicken wings, sirloin and carrot cake for his work!!!  Don't think that would count as being a 'pro' in this insance, though  :toothy12: I mean I could say that I took him out to dinner just to be nice....... but I really did take him out to dinner as a thank you for doing this task for me.  I'll let you decide, it's your contest :) Thanks, I'm gonna post pics here in a little bit!!!

thanks for asking...think we are fine here...

Here is an oldie but goodie...MY VERY 1ST WARMOTH!  It s about 15 years old...ordered fron that funky green catalog that W used to send.  Body is a one pice "soft maple."  Duncan 59 in the bridge and I cannot remember the neck but it is a duncan too.  I wired it with a 5 position switch that taps the bridge to single coil in certain positions.  Also has the Fat contour neck...I love it.  the poly has aged very well giving it an amber hue...

DSC01039.jpg

still have to buff this out but wanted to share. Thanks for all the help on the phone Spike !

DMRACO, 

Do you have a picture from before it took on the amber hue?  I'm curious to see how much it has changed and how that ages over time.  It looks great now and I'd love to see how it looked before.

Lucky #007 said:
DMRACO, 

Do you have a picture from before it took on the amber hue?  I'm curious to see how much it has changed and how that ages over time.  It looks great now and I'd love to see how it looked before.

I do not.  The area where it is most vivid is on the back of the neck where I did not apply any stain.  It has a nice vintage look to it.  I would be happy to send some photos...just PM me.

smjenkins said:
Man, we must've blown our owner-finished load in July.  30 hours in and only two entries. 

I can always enter the 12 string again...

Finishing isn't easy, so I imagine not many people do it. For as much as Warmoth charges, it's still a bargain. If you aren't set up to do that sort of thing, it's not any fun at all. It's frighteningly easy to screw up a perfectly good piece of wood if you don't know what you're doing.

jackthehack said:
Guess I'll throw down my '61 Tele Thinline Special

ttfront.jpg

ttback.jpg

ttbody.jpg

I can't say that I'm a fan of finished necks, but that finish does look amazing! :icon_thumright:

What happened to the pickguard above the bridge though?

Back