September Guitar/Bass of the Month: OWNER FINISHED-- WINNER!!!

who should win?

• Total voters
knucklehead G said:
Black Dog said:
Sorry AndreG, but I am from Kansas City and therefore not allowed to be a Yankees fan  :icon_tongue:
However, that is really a fantastic job you did not that strat.  Definitely the best so far for this month.
Good Luck...
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Are you still in KC? I'm in Lee's Summit at the moment. I've met up with a few UW guys in the area already.

No, I have lived in Phoenix since 89'.  I lived in Overland Park for 16 years before moving here. 
There was a huge rivalry between the Royals and Yankees back in those days.  That was the George Brett era.
I love Phoenix, but man I sure miss the BBQ...
:rock-on:

Thanks for the kudos and well wishes.

I am indeed a Yankees fan. It was a work of passion.  Especially the pinstriping as that was a pain in the rear.  :laughing7:

I'll throw my hat in the ring again (mostlyf or sh*ts and giggles). Here's Chuck:

2009_0305extras0153.jpg

- Mahogany body (painted Dupont Competition Yellow :laughing7:)
- Mahogany/rosewood neck
- 2 SD Phat Cats
- 3-way toggle
- 2 volume pots, no tone (my preferred setup )

EDIT: I really need a better (and smaller) picture...  :doh:

ErogenousJones said:
I'll throw my hat in the ring again (mostlyf or sh*ts and giggles). Here's Chuck:

2009_0305extras0153.jpg

Why hello Chuck.  :)

I really like this.  Finish looks good; simple, no bullsh@t design/layout; and a buddy of mine has those Phat Cats in one of his axe's and they sound cool. 

There's something to like about every guitar entered this month!

I don't mean to be a wet blanket but why are people submitting more than 2 photos?  DMRACO stated the rules specifically:

"This month is owner finished...please post a maximum of two shots total, front and back if desired.  Obviously, I will use only the front photos for the poll."

CrackedPepper said:
I don't mean to be a wet blanket but why are people submitting more than 2 photos?  DMRACO stated the rules specifically:

"This month is owner finished...please post a maximum of two shots total, front and back if desired.  Obviously, I will use only the front photos for the poll."

You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain........ A world of pain.

the_big_lebowski32.jpg

Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? Mark it zero!

NonsenseTele said:
I may be very wrong, but when TT put that strat on the ring, all the oponents entered in "Finish Him" mode, he just need to do the fatality as he wants!!!
I'm a sucker for this guitar!

Me too. Awesome.

BigBeard said:
CrackedPepper said:

You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain........ A world of pain.

the_big_lebowski32.jpg

Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shite about the rules? Mark it zero!

:laughing11:

They're calling the cops, put the piece away.  

BigBeard said:
CrackedPepper said:

the_big_lebowski32.jpg

Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shite about the rules? Mark it zero!

LMAO....

BigBeard said:
CrackedPepper said:

the_big_lebowski32.jpg

This isn't 'nam man, there are rules.

I'm proud to say I've never had a pacifist bone in my body, even as a child. The nuns beat the "reap as you sow" meme into us from the word go.

I will consider the submission precess closed.  I will set  up the poll ASAP

WAIT! ;)

I realized that I still haven't submitted my thinline yet..
but with TT in there, I will submit my last 'fancy' warmoth so far... (well, maybe too fancy with the gold etc )

kkfront.jpg

KKheadstock.jpg

(yeah it says fender, whatever... :tard:)

That's much too nice for anybody who knows any better to mistake it for a Fender. But, they will suspect you're liar/counterfeiter/cheater/poser/etc. Of course, you could be innocent. You may have bought the instrument from a liar/counterfeiter/cheater/poser/etc. How could you know? Well, the first time the neck comes off and exposes its naughty parts... <grin>

Marko said:
WAIT! ;)

but with TT in there, I will submit my last 'fancy' warmoth so far... (well, maybe too fancy with the gold etc )

I only entered because you weren't in it!  :doh: That's a really nice guitar I love the color. There are a bunch of really nice one's this month, as always. I guess I'm just glad your VIP isn't in the mix I would never even stand a chance against that. I've wanted to replicate that build for some time now. Still one of the classiest builds I've seen.  I need to get one of those pool backdrops too!

I'm a little at a loss...what is the definition of owner finished again?  My strat's body was a finished showcase body, but I did put a finish on the raw neck and assembled it. 

Does that count for this month?

TroubledTreble said:
Marko said:
WAIT! ;)

I only entered because you weren't in it!  :doh: That's a really nice guitar I love the color. There are a bunch of really nice one's this month, as always. I guess I'm just glad your VIP isn't in the mix I would never even stand a chance against that. I've wanted to replicate that build for some time now. Still one of the classiest builds I've seen.  I need to get one of those pool backdrops too!

Thanks!! that means a lot coming from you... the replicating plans are mutual by the way  :icon_biggrin:

Back