Neck Screws

dcbrown73

Hey all,

I ordered the parts from Warmoth to build a tele with a contoured heel, but forgot to purchase the neck plate and screws. There has been a delay of a month or two since I ordered everything before I had time to built it, but as noted. I forgot the plate and screws.

So since I have a contoured heel, I need the 1-1/2" and the 1-3/8" screws to ensure I don't break through my fretboard. The problem is, the only place I can find 1-3/8" oval neck screws is Warmonth and they seem to have this policy that orders on the website have a minimum of $25. The screws are like $3 for a set of four.

I emailed them several days ago, but I haven't got any response. I am not interested in playing $25+ tax for a set of $3 screws. Does anyone know anywhere else to get 1-3/8" oval wood screws? Fender, StewMac, Home Depot, not even Amazon seems to carry them.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Dave

Neck screws are #8 Screws. You can find them in Stainless at most hardware stores in 1-1/2" and 1-1/4" lengths. Then you get Eric Johnson approved tone too.

Stainless wont stand out on chrome in my experience and if you need them to be black then just blast them with a bit of black spray paint.

I don't know if you're in the US, but I just put the screws in my Warmoth cart. If I choose "USPS Ground Advantage", shipping is $9.45. That's still pretty high, but better.

Back