Sander recommendations

lern2swim

Short version: Recommend some good quality palm sanders.

Longer version:
So, I've decided to prepare for future warmoth projects by refinishing my cheapo ibanez.  I'm not planning anything super difficult.  I just need to strip the existing paint down enough to spray the new finish.(rustoleum hammered finish.  I decided to be a bit whacky)  I'm also using this as an opportunity to stock up on tools I'm going to need.  I don't yet have a palm sander.  I'd like to get something that's good quality but not too incredibly expensive.  Preferably something that's going to be fairly multipurpose.  Obviously, for this job, I need something that's just going to be good at getting the existing paint sanded enough for the new paint.  But in the future, something that's also got a bit of finesse may come in handy too.  So, does anyone have any recommendations?

Sanding off that paint is going to take FOREVER. I suggest using chemical paint stripper and then only start sanding when you start seeing wood. I've done a similar project before.

I'm doing a solid color and not going all the way to bare wood.  Plus, as I said, I'm in the market for a palm sander so I figured I'd get some recommendations instead of just wandering into HD and picking one at random

Porter Cable makes great stuff.  I have had my PC sander for 12 or so years, and it works just like the day I bought it.

Back