Rough Boy - ZZ TOP | Guitar Instrumental | Warmoth guitars & parts |

wolbai

At the end of the day, I am a guitar player at heart. And this instrumental version of the great ZZ TOP Rock ballad ‘Rough Boy’ from their 1985 album 'Afterburner' is yet another song project that takes me back to my musical roots.

This cover version got an 80s Hard Rock vibe in the course of the song project. And as the song developed, pinch harmonics emerged as a song-defining element.

The lead parts were once again recorded with my Warmoth H-S-H built. And one of the rhythm guitars has a Roasted Maple Warmoth neck with stainless steel frets and an Earvana nut. So I thought this forum is a good place for sharing.

I did the instrument recordings, the creation of the drum tracks (Toontrack EZ Drummer 3), the Mixing/Mastering and the video production myself.
As always with guitar instrumentals, I find it pretty challenging to keep them insteresting for the listerners. And I wonder what you think about my Take on this awesome and somehow unusual ZZ Top Original !?

With love and passion for music - Wolbai 🎵

Enjoyed the playing and audio/video production a lot! You’ve definitely captured the essence of those guitar heroes of yours (as with Gary Moore).

At the end of the day, I am a guitar player at heart. And this instrumental version of the great ZZ TOP Rock ballad ‘Rough Boy’ from their 1985 album 'Afterburner' is yet another song project that takes me back to my musical roots.

This cover version got an 80s Hard Rock vibe in the course of the song project. And as the song developed, pinch harmonics emerged as a song-defining element.

The lead parts were once again recorded with my Warmoth H-S-H built. And one of the rhythm guitars has a Roasted Maple Warmoth neck with stainless steel frets and an Earvana nut. So I thought this forum is a good place for sharing.

I did the instrument recordings, the creation of the drum tracks (Toontrack EZ Drummer 3), the Mixing/Mastering and the video production myself.
As always with guitar instrumentals, I find it pretty challenging to keep them insteresting for the listerners. And I wonder what you think about my Take on this awesome and somehow unusual ZZ Top Original !?

With love and passion for music - Wolbai 🎵
Excellent work brother, keep them coming.

Nice one! I always loved this tune. Used to play it on the bar jukebox pretty regularly just to mix things up and calm folks down. The tempo feels a bit pushed, if anything. What did you use for the actual guitar sounds? Really good performance one way or another.

:cool:

Back