Still Got The Blues - rehearsal recording (Warmoth H-S-H)

wolbai

Well, another Classic Rock tune, we love to celebrate ... if you don't mind  :icon_biggrin:

Although my beloved Warmoth H-S-H is my allround workhorse, it is absolutely great for those gainy, singing lead parts.
It has such a nice high top end. The Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups stay very clear with a good note separation at pretty high gained sounds.

My Floyd Rose system is blocked already a few years. (And the sustain has improved a bit).
I initially thought it was good for the tuning and intonation. Well, over the years, I have realized that I am not a tremolo player at all. But it stays pretty well in tune being blocked.

My Live-presets for the recording didn't work - as usual :icon_biggrin:
I always realize that for recordings, less gain is mostly the better way to go.

This song is probably my lifetime song. And Gary Moore is my ever lasting teacher in my mind.
Sometimes when I am watching "The Messiah will come again in the Live-Version on YouTube", I think the guitar-Messiah was here. Unfortunately the good die mostly too young ...

Doing recordings can be hard for a musician, to realize timing and intonation issues which do not so easily pop up at rehearsals or playing Live. This applies mostly for guitar player and singer. I had to be pretty careful to stay in tune while bending/vibrato during the melody line. It is always a bit of a tightrope dance for me in this song. And my emotions easily can take over ...

The outro solo part is partially improvised. I did a separate Take for the outro lead part.

My duo partner and I have tried to throw in all the heart and soul we have to get that tune somehow shining.
And I think we managed to capture a bit of musical magic in some parts of that tune.

I am interested in your opinion therefore ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rliHK00U6g&feature=youtu.be

wolbai

Good work and tones as usual.  Just some compressor pumping on the vocals.  Love that guitar!

Thx for the nice feedback guys!

@fdesalvo: Wasn't aware ion compressor pumping in the vocals. Will check it next time. I remember, That I have used a Ballad Vocal Compressor preset ...

wolbai

Sounds fantastic to me. I don't hear the compressor pumping, but I haven't heard enough of the singer to know any better. Plus, I don't know what compressor pumping sounds like  :laughing7:

Back