Ritchie Blackmore's Strat Project

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
stubhead said:
He probably just got the synth rig so he can threaten to fire his keyboard player three times a night....  :evil4:

If you fire the keyboard player, who will play drums?

Cozy is dead for so long time ((

...details:

fixing truss-rod tension, strings' height, tremolo float angle...

Also I have found that guitar perfectly sound at overdrive, crunch and clean, non-distorted mode... bridge and neck pickups have very different sound charachters, as it planned though.. :)

I am falling in love with this vintage white baby, really!

Hello again!

Just have installed Hipstop Tremsetter, guitar sounds great with it!

It also keeps stable my tune while jiggling my tremolo, strict neutral setup :)

Attachments

• CIMG1754.jpg
    CIMG1754.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 60
  • CIMG1716.jpg
    CIMG1716.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 48
Also one question, dear friends: I have installed glossy-white back cover for my Strat.

So what looks best: with or without it?

Please, advice it ;-)

Attachments

• CIMG1729.jpg
    CIMG1729.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 54
  • CIMG1737.jpg
    CIMG1737.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 42
Looks better with it. Most guitars do. But, they tend to get in the way more frequently than is convenient, which is why most guys leave them off.

Another one pic... I can not stop posting pictures :)

Attachments

• CIMG1724.jpg
    CIMG1724.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 56
Cool guitar.. Ritchie rawks.  :icon_thumright:

For more info on Ritchie (if you didn't know already), John "Dawk" Stillwell was his tech for several years... google his name.

Great info, thank you!

Also I am looking for solid tremolo block (brass or steel?) and steel bridge saddles... what is in recommendations, dear pals?

Cagey said:
Deep Purple was big during the "arena rock" era, along with Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Stones, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, etc. who put on massive shows at stadiums and sports arenas where they drew audiences in the 10s of thousands or more. I don't think anybody really does that anymore.

Two Words: Iron Maiden

...On tour right now still rocking and selling out arena's and stadiums all over the world, and they still draw
hundreds of thousands... not just 10's...  :eek:

:icon_thumright:

(Nice strat Schidakov!)

I have recently installed:

- new tremolo block, saddles and tremolo arm from Callaham;
- pickguard aluminum shield from Callaham'
- pre-slotted GraphTech TUSQ XL graphite nut (previous one was slotted manually from blank, result wasn't successful).

Overall result is whoopsaying! Bends become smoother, sustain was longer and clearer, whammy-bar is more comfortable in use.

Great upgrade!

Attachments

• IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0077.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 37
Ah,good old Ritchie. my fav, and the reason I ever even picked up a guitar to begin with.  :headbang:

Nice job on that,btw. I doesnt need to be an exact clone, and Ritchie would probably like it more that it isnt.
Had the great fortune of finally meeting,and hanging with The Master back in '97 at the 1st dress-rehearsal Blackmore's Night was having before heading off to Europe to begin their 1st tour. He was the nicest, most easy-going fellow. Spent hours talking to my brother-in-law and I, and showing his guitars (including that strat-as well as the acoustics he was then beginning to play) He also went into great detail about how much of a challenge it was changing to that style of music,after so many years of the rock stuff. I was surprised to find that on that first night he was actually very very shy and nervous,and even having second-thoughts about doing it, because he wasnt sure he could pull it off as well as his usual stuff,and because he wasnt sure anyone would like it (no one had yet heard any of it-the album wasnt out yet).
An amazing night it was. Afterwards, whenever he was back in town (I lived and worked,it turned out, only minutes from where he did on Long Island) he would hold court at a medieval-themed pub nearby on Saturday afternoons-and had an open invitation to any and all who wanted to bring their guitars and just hang out and jam around. To sit at the table of The Master and play along,and watch 1-st hand his talents!
Sadly, Im now back in Florida, and no longer get to go to these Saturdays with Ritchie,but I do truly miss it.

Meantime, you've probably seen this one before-but he discusses his strats and other guitars in detail- and typicaly funny as well. (you will laugh non-stop when with him-he's constantly joking around and pulling pranks-if you ever get to meet him-be prepared for that lol )

Ritchie Blackmore guitar collection Pt 1
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dHa6LbEKXc[/youtube]

Ritchie Blackmore guitar collection Pt2
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGNZ5NCK5T8&feature=related[/youtube]

And one-told by Lemmy of Motorhead, about one of Ritchie's famous pranks!  :headbang1:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQW_DFADO6I[/youtube]

Yeah, I watched this videos, very interesting collection of working White strats :)

I tried to represent guitar of His latest DP, '95 Ranbow and BN guitar, because I started listening him right after the 'Stranger in Us All'.
Earlier versions of Strat with SSL-4 and even with Hot Rails are not that interesting for me, sorry :)

ENGL + Lace Sensors are equally important components of the 'Blackmore's sound' ©, thought.

Last pics:

Attachments

• latest-strat.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 10
  • pots.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 4
  • retainer.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 2
After a year I decided to take apart for maintenance and service.

Fixed string height over neck, string buzzing, shimmed a neck etc, photos:

Attachments

• body-new.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 5
  • laces-new.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 7
  • shield-new.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 3
Back