Rise of the brown Tele part II: Return of the brown santa.

runem

Weee... Finally the brown santa decided to stop by with two parcels...

I took my time and shot some pics while opening the boxes. I havent recieved all the parts for the guitar, as im waiting for the pickups, pickguard and some other stuff still. Some parts I buy within the EU.

Well... Of course the brown currior came in a classic UPS van... Allmost identical to this one: (allmost)
Pimped-Out-UPS-Van.jpg

Opening the boxes in the sun...
Tele1of15.jpg

A pair of scissors decided to join the fun
Tele2of15.jpg

So did my dog...
Tele3of15.jpg

First the neck... Mmmn. As smooth and nice as i hoped for! Very nice rosewood fingerboard.
Tele5of15.jpg

Tele6of15.jpg

And then... Dadadadaaaaaa
Tele7of15.jpg

Suspense: And there was hardware too
Tele8of15.jpg

And... The body...
Tele9of15.jpg

A mighty fine piece of mahogany
Tele10of15.jpg

Top of cocobolo... mmmnn
Tele12of15.jpg

Put together for the first timer... Everything fits!
Tele14of15.jpg

This guitar is ment as a tele-equivelant to my strat... I think they will make a very nice couple...
beggeto1of1.jpg

Sorry for the bad written english, i don't write a lot of english really :)

Now... Waiting for the pickups etc. to arive!!!

How the guitar is going to end up:
telecasterdone.jpg

Beautiful! Nice to have a mating pair, too. Soon you'll hear the pitter-patter of little babycaster feet running to explore the living room's electrical outlets at 5am...

Of course it's beautiful.

So the control plate is for something else?

runem said:
Tweed said:

Im not sure i understand?

The body is rear-routed, so no need for a control plate - but there's a control plate in the pile of hardware.  So if it's not strictly needed on this axe, either it's for another axe, or it's a cosmetic addition to this one.  The mockup suggests the latter.

Bagman67 said:
runem said:
Tweed said:

Im not sure i understand?

The body is rear-routed, so no need for a control plate - but there's a control plate in the pile of hardware.  So if it's not strictly needed on this axe, either it's for another axe, or it's a cosmetic addition to this one.  The mockup suggests the latter.

Ahh... Yeah. Its cosmetic. Different routing wasnt an option in instock.

So, you have a rear-routed Tele with a rare Cocobolo top and you're going to cover it up with a pickguard and control plate? What will the neighbors say?

Cagey said:
So, you have a rear-routed Tele with a rare Cocobolo top and you're going to cover it up with a pickguard and control plate? What will the neighbors say?

They might say:

Cagey said:
Happiness with your instrument is paramount.

:headbang:

Scuffcakes said:
Cagey said:

They might say:

Cagey said:
Happiness with your instrument is paramount.

:laughing7:

Although Cagey did talk me out of a pickguard on my maple quilt. 

Seriously groovy fiddle you are building there.

Hehe...

Well. I'm not really that sentimental about "covering up" rare wood. I had a grand design, and i was just waiting for the right body to show up. They rarely make these beautiful tops with top-rout, and the strat is backrouted as well.

Some like guitars without pickguards: Im not one of those. There's something about, that looks unfinished to me. I will however, when I get the rest of my  parts, build it without pickguard and controlplate first so i can see the guitar like that before modifying it. I don't expect to be convinced not to build it as i have allready planned.

I think the black pickguard with the white edge brings some sort of balance and makes a good contrast to the bodywood.

I'm pretty sure this baby is gonna fit right in with the others...

ToneKing12of14.jpg

ZionWarmoth said:
They are like to awesome sisters, love them.  Get it done and post more pics, again love them

I will. Actually i'm waiting for my new camera, so i'll hopefully be able to take some smooth shots soon again...

WOW they match up great  :icon_thumright:

I remember your other post about doing a matching Tele for the Strat.
Looks great  :guitarplayer2:

Back