Right Hand Reverse (Voodoo Chile) - My second Warmoth build !

Wow ! I had done a search of Right hand reverse and this guitar did not come up....so thanks for sharing this with me. I'm very surprised how much I like playing this guitar standing up. Do you feel the same about it ? With the strap on the short horn (on the top), it seems to send the guitar body a touch further to my right than a regular Strat does, and I'm really liking where that sits naturally for my right hand as well as the left. I'm also surprised how much I enjoy the lefty trem. Contouring the heel and doing the PRS style cutout at the long horn helps access the high frets, but accessing all frets is this offering's weakness. I like stainless steel frets, so I chose rosewood to hopefully offset the brighter frets, otherwise I do like the way yours looks with the maple board - very Woodstock. Do you think we are the only 2 on here with this build ?

Wow ! I had done a search of Right hand reverse and this guitar did not come up....so thanks for sharing this with me. I'm very surprised how much I like playing this guitar standing up. Do you feel the same about it ? With the strap on the short horn (on the top), it seems to send the guitar body a touch further to my right than a regular Strat does, and I'm really liking where that sits naturally for my right hand as well as the left. I'm also surprised how much I enjoy the lefty trem. Contouring the heel and doing the PRS style cutout at the long horn helps access the high frets, but accessing all frets is this offering's weakness. I like stainless steel frets, so I chose rosewood to hopefully offset the brighter frets, otherwise I do like the way yours looks with the maple board - very Woodstock. Do you think we are the only 2 on here with this build ?

Many thanks…and glad you like it.

I prefer the overall balance of a normal Strat but when the right-hand reverse is in the correct position for balance with the strap, it works fine. The strap I use with it is the "Souldier Woodstock" style, but with a broader strap such as a Mono Betty strap it would be easier.

I did not try a lefty trem on it, but SRV used to do it on a normal Strat so it might be worth a try at some point.

On the upper fret access it does indeed become a challenge, but I often wondered why little Hendrix stuff goes above about the 15th fret apart from the odd notes. Certainly, on the upside down Strats he used, it would have been a case of what was easily accessible. I cannot say the stainless frets I have on the maple make it bright, but that may, of course, be a personal thing.

The right-hand reverse body, we may be the only two on here with this on a build. I got the body and pickups for mine from forum member @Tonar8352 who owned it previously. He had done the nitro paint on it. I have not seen another one on the forum in about the last eleven years since I joined.

Last edited:
Back