Right Hand Reverse (Voodoo Chile) - My second Warmoth build !

Jamie John

Here is my "Hendrix like" build for a right handed player. Warmoth sold me a really nice piece of dark Rosewood for this one. '30's Pale yellow stain on the neck with Brite tone satin finish. Oxford nitro Olympic white and Clear gloss on the body. I filed away at the front side of the bottom long horn to help further access the last frets, as well as filing the neck area to accommodate the contoured neck plate. This helps me access the 19th fret easily and the 20th to some extent as well. The 21st is uncomfortably beyond ease of reach. I have the bridge pickup reversed as Hendrix would have. I also have the trem arm at the top like Hendrix and Stevie Ray would have. A set of Fralin blues specials with a TDK 1500 pico Farad capacitor specifically for the bridge pickup to help tame the highs and add midrange without going muddy on me. I've also put a touch of Canada in there with my string trees and Graph tech nut and Levy's strap. My other Warmoth build was a double neck . So I've enjoyed Warmoth for the unusual builds !
RHR1.jpgRHR2.jpgP1016963.JPGP1016965.JPGP1016970.JPGP1016973.JPGIMG_0133.jpegIMG_0228.jpegIMG_0252.jpegdouble.jpg

That finish looks good enough to take a bite out of it.

Is that the oxford primer on the prehardware pics with the bluish color ? I presume you have a spray booth to get results of this quality. What did you think of the Oxford products ?

I did use Oxford Primer (white) then the Olympic White nitro followed by 10 or so Coates of clear Oxford Gloss. Oxford sprayed great , but the smell is so strong. The Crystalac Britetone is so much better as far as VOC's go (you can barely smell it) ,but was a tad trickier to spray with my Fuji HVLP than the Oxford nitro. I have sprayed some Brite tone with my airbrush in the past with no issues at all. I do have a shed that I dedicate to spraying but it isn't full finished yet. The eagle super assilex abrasives are sweet and with a little buffing it came out great.

Enjoy. There is something different about the Strat tone with the reversed bridge and tuners (with a std nut).

My Hendrix Strat sounds different from the others. One is though quite similar except for those 2 attributes and sounds totally different.

Oh MAN. I think this was the build I virtually put together as a Hendrix obsessed teenager about a hundred times back when the Warmoth builder was end to end and they still offered Mary Kay White.

I don’t know if I could commit these days to an upside down Strat, but I applaud you for the excellent build!

Looks great!

This is probably a stupid question, but one that I've been wondering lately since I first noticed... What's the difference between a "right-hand reverse" and a left-handed neck? (aside from the guitar body it's mounted to)

I'm curious ... what values did you use on the treble bleed circuit? Nice job with copper!
I'm curious ... what values did you use on the treble bleed circuit? Nice job with copper!
A 680pF Capacitor with a 220kOhm resistor is what the Toneshapers website sells as the single coil treble bleed. Nextgenguitars sells a 820pF paired with a 220kOhm resistor for single coils - but I have not tried that one. Thanks about the copper ...it took a while. I really love those Fralin pickups for blues Strat tones!

Looks great!

This is probably a stupid question, but one that I've been wondering lately since I first noticed... What's the difference between a "right-hand reverse" and a left-handed neck? (aside from the guitar body it's mounted to)
The side dots are on the right handed side. Beyond that I don't know

Also, asymmetric neck profiles. Another thought, side adjust mechanism is only available on War Pro RH's (and reverse's). No lefty side adjust. It may be common knowledge to most, maybe not.
Had forgotten about the asymmetric neck profiles and their relevance to the right hand reverse necks opposed to the lefty neck. Thanks for that..good information.

Back