Return of the Soycaster: In Progress!!

Definitive answers:

Yes, Long shaft!
No idea about the sizes of knobs or ferrules, but buy from warmoth and they will come on the right size :icon_thumright:

No thanks, I won't.

ha.  :laughing3:

Nickle lost.. chrome won.

Except on the humbucker.. that'll be nickle..  this has nothing to do with you!

Luke said:
No thanks, I won't.

ha.  :laughing3:

Nickle lost.. chrome won.

Except on the humbucker.. that'll be nickle..  this has nothing to do with you!
I'm fine with chrome too, but I think nickle looks better  :icon_biggrin:
Come on, Luke! You've been thinking about my sexy mockup.

Oh, new pics, and maybe a chat :p

Nando do you know how hard it is to find everything I want in nickle? example PW doesn't make nickle tuners for sale on the W site.

That being said I purchased everything I needed today.. my tuners, a W shiney for my headstock, a wilki tele bridge with the 3 comp saddles, all my wire, pots, orange drop, 4 way switch, Rio Grande Texas Neck Pup, neck plate, knobs, HB Ring, and that might be about it..  ferrules..  sounds about right.

So this thing will be getting its last coat of tru oil on saturday, we'll take pics, then letting it cure, throwing wax on it, then setting it up... then posting more pictures.. then saving up and spending way too much money on my next project.

:toothy10:

off subject, but i've been wondering... how do you install ferrules? i'd be so afraid to damage that! that guitar looks killer  :headbang:

I sand the holes with a little sandpaper wrapped around a small file until I get a good press fit.  The soldering iron trick works too, but I've bubbled the finish a bit doing that.

Just a quick update (in pictures)
Maybe 2 more coats of true oil, and it's ready to cure!!

This is really turning out great! I especially like the mahogany on the back! great figure! (or is it ribbons?)
also, the color of the rosewood and pao ferro came out really nice!
As you can see, there is already an nice 'gloss' (Oil is dry in the pics)

LukesTele2003.jpg

LukesTele2007.jpg

LukesTele2006.jpg

LukesTele2002.jpg

LukesTele2004.jpg

LukesTele2011.jpg

and no, the workbench in the bottom is not mine.. it's my kid's, who likes to play along when I am in this room. :)
LukesTele2009.jpg

LukesTele2012.jpg

Pretty accurate, it's slightly darker in person.

Probably the ones where the body is in the backgroand :)

I really wish I didn't have so many roommates and we could do this at my house. Marko is a great friend for housing my projects and teaching me how to do this stuff.

+1 to marko.

Cheers Luke!

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, YOU WANKER!!!!  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

Happy birf-daze Luke....Whenever it was....
fest30.gif

And I must say, I had my doubts about the mahogany and no filler, but I see I was wrong. It's just as gorgeous without any....Almost as puuuuuuuuurdy as the top... :icon_thumright:

Back