Relative sizes of flakes in the various Warmoth flake finishes?

Eddie-Applegate

I noticed in the video comparing the various “sparkly” green finishes,
that Goblin Flake is specifically noted as having larger flakes than regular Green Flake

I’m curious about how the other flake colors compare with respect to flake size.

For example, are the flakes in Gold Flake larger like Goblin, or smaller like Green?

it’s somewhat difficult to compare based on the on-site images, but i think this info would be pretty helpful to those looking to choose a flake finish

Interesting.. so you're asking if someone has two different flake finishes and if they can see the difference between the flake sizes in the two different finishes.

I only have one flake finish guitar, in inferno flake and it's stunning. It looks to me like they do a base coat of candy orange, then a coat of red, orange, yellow and gold flake, then a top coat of clear. As to the size it's somewhere between metallic sparkle and bass boat. It's tasteful, for the exact size you'll have to contact warmoth directly though it's probably a trade secret. Let us know what they say.

Interesting.. so you're asking if someone has two different flake finishes and if they can see the difference between the flake sizes in the two different finishes.

I only have one flake finish guitar, in inferno flake and it's stunning. It looks to me like they do a base coat of candy orange, then a coat of red, orange, yellow and gold flake, then a top coat of clear. As to the size it's somewhere between metallic sparkle and bass boat. It's tasteful, for the exact size you'll have to contact warmoth directly though it's probably a trade secret. Let us know what they say.
That sounds awesome! I’d love to see a picture of your Inferno guitar if you have one to share

The multiple flake colors in one is an awesome idea, kinda like the old champagne sparkle drums that had silver and copper mixed in

Back