Installation of my LSR nut to my WARMOTH STRAT Neck "work in progress"

Ardie

:blob7: Inline with my previous post regarding Installation of my LSR nut to my WARMOTH STRAT Neck here is the update. I receive some details confirmation of dimension from TroubledTreble thanks to him...I have made some research on how to installed this Nut and im ready to go  :headbang1:
This might be the difficult DIY on this project due to limited tools I have, is not time consuming compare to the Finishing works on the Body and Neck. The Slot width has to be done accurately to get that exact fit on the LSR NuT. Front face of the nut Distance from the 12 fret have to be measure and cut according to spec to get intonation correctly. Even though this is my first time doing wood work im confident i can do it. Im a machinist and a Fixture designer so im familiar in this kind of work. i can even put this on the CNC machine but i need a fixture to hold this...so i drop that idea.

OK here is the details: Installation of my LSR nut to my WARMOTH STRAT Neck
Neck Details:
1. Strat modern Neck by Warmoth
2  Maple/Rosewood
3. No nut installed / no NUT slot for LSR
4. Compound Radius, Std thin contour back (' I should have choose Fat Back Profile)
5. Nut width: 1 11/16"

Preparation and Tools:
1.  :sign13: Straight edge steel Rule: modify and CNC wired CUT to duplicate the Fret distance from 1st FRET to 12th FRET in respect to the NUT.
2. File: for filing and finishing the Nut Slot "width and depth"...
3. Saw with thin blades they called it "Junior Saw" at the DIY store...I need to compensate the blade thickness in respect to the NUT width (- minus) then file it to finish. this is only the challenge for me coz I dont have vise at home..
4. Vise or any C clamp to hold the Neck while cutting the SLOT

:cool01: OK thanks about it I will be updating this from time to time. You can also check some of my POst at the DIY section some of my work in progress on the Body and Neck...CHEERS!

hey, thanks for posting the pictures, it is nice  :kewlpics: to have this as a resource

:headbang1: Thanks JustsTele check out for updates cheers!

:sign13: hei guys some relevant drawings and dimension i have prepared during my research on how to do the LSR NUT Width.

Ardie said:
The Slut width has to be done accurately to get that snug fit on the LSR NuT. Front face of the nut Distance from the 12 fret have to be measure and cut according to spec to get intonation correctly.

All you younger guys paying attention here? Important life lessons that go beyond the guitar.  :icon_jokercolor:

Nightclub Dwight said:
Ardie said:
The Slut width has to be done accurately to get that snug fit on the LSR NuT. Front face of the nut Distance from the 12 fret have to be measure and cut according to spec to get intonation correctly.

All you younger guys paying attention here? Important life lessons that go beyond the guitar.  :icon_jokercolor:
you're silly :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor:

Nightclub Dwight said:
Ardie said:

Haha! I think i just died!

Nice thread!

Nightclub Dwight said:
Ardie said:

YASS! nicely done!  :laughing8:

i tried to free hand guess a lsr installation on a mity mite neck. screwed it up and threw the neck away and ordered a new warmoth with lsr prep. you are going about it better. you are cool

back2thefutre said:
i tried to free hand guess a lsr installation on a mity mite neck. screwed it up and threw the neck away and ordered a new warmoth with lsr prep. you are going about it better. you are cool

Hopefully.. i have to saw it carefully. i have to find a way how to secure the neck while sawing it.. I read some DIY intruction instead of sawing it they use file to cut the Nut SLOT.

Back