Red Rat..the directors cut

willyk

2802340600_5b9434a77d_o.jpg

Here's how the padouk/walnut LPS worked out. The pickguard wasn't a popular idea with the forum but the guy who owns it loves it and that's what counts. :headbang:

That turned out even better than I expected! Love the gold/pearloid/padouk combination!
Best part for me though is the top/body contrast.... I know, I have a weird fettish for contrasts on a guitar. Is that a pinstripe?? if so, It even makes it sexier!

Shame on you Willy! That's like running a restaurant and allowing customers to order their herb encrusted rack of lamb "well burnt".

jackthehack said:
Shame on you Willy! That's like running a restaurant and allowing customers to order their herb encrusted rack of lamb "well burnt".

The customer's always right mate  :icon_biggrin:

Good catch Marko.. I've used the pinstripe on a few builds, it's a great look. I don't know why I haven't seen more people using it. :icon_scratch:

Very nice willyk! I'd seriously consider letting you build me a guitar, if you werent on the other side of the world...
:icon_thumright:

Great work as always Willy    :hello2: 

At first I didnt like the idea of putting a 'guard on there, but actually it works quite well.

Whats the next project?

real nice...I like the fretboard inlays and the pickguard even thought I am not a pick guard fan!!  Got a shot of the whole thing?

Nice work Willy! You are a seriously talented guitar finisher. Especially for a leftie!

wow that headstock works great with that body - - learn something new every day!  :icon_thumright:

Back