Recessed TOM - vibrato/trem?

rightintheface

Lads,
Haven't posted here for a few years now, but thought I'd throw it out anyways: anyone know of a retro-fit trem/vibrato system that will work on a recessed TOM setup? It's on my 2008 semi-hollow black korina tele - my #2 axe after 6 years. My 2009 thinline still #1..,

mitchsguitars014.jpg

Cheers gang!

Wilkinson makes a roller saddle TOM-style bridge, but I don't know if it'll fit in a TOM recess...

thumbnail.asp

They're only $25 here. I've used one on the guitar in my sig, and it works well.

For a more certain fit, the same place (Guitar Fetish) also sells these...

thumbnail.asp

for $23. But, it seems they only come in black. Might not be the end of the world on a black guitar. But, then getting a retrofit vibrato gets a bit tougher. It depends on how wild you wanna get with such a thing. Bigsby makes surface-mount wang bars (The B5) that work ok if you're not too demanding...

trem_b5_l.jpg

... but it's tough to find one in black. Aluminum/chrome are pretty widely available, though.

Then, there's a retrofit kit available from Vibramate that allows you to mount a B5 to a guitar that has a stop tailpiece...

Vibramate_V5_Adapter_for_Bigsby_B5_sm.jpg

... so you don't have to chew on a fiddle you already love. They're available from a number of retailers, but I got that picture from Stewart-MacDonald.

The combination of those two things could get you where you want to be without a great deal of work. The only caveat is Bigsbys don't have a lot of range, so if you're looking to get into some Eddie VanHalen/Ritchie Blackmore/Joe Satriani stuff, none of this will do you any good.

Back