quilt maple top but....

Bruno

What do you think about following quilt maple top?
I love this finish and I love quilt too but that sort of *highway* in the middle will make it unwatchable to me...
I'm sorry and I apologize myself if someone could feel offended, but maybe I'm the only one who thinks so?
PS5762A.jpg

Rebecca?!?!?! :eek: Hey how did they :icon_scratch:........That looks just like my :sad1:.............Nevermind :laughing7:

pabloman said:
Rebecca?!?!?! :eek: Hey how did they :icon_scratch:........That looks just like my :sad1:.............Nevermind :laughing7:

forgive me, I guess you had written something ironic, but my bad English - I would say non-existent English - , does not allow me to understand....
Sorry  :sad1:

Don't worry Bruno, none of us understood either. 
I'm not too fond of that middle section either.  Put 3 humbuckers and a Floyd on it.

Bruno said:
What do you think about following quilt maple top?
I love this finish and I love quilt too but that sort of *highway* in the middle will make it unwatchable to me...
I'm sorry and I apologize myself if someone could feel offended, but maybe I'm the only one who thinks so?

No, you're not the only one. I wouldn't choose it, either. It's a nice piece of work, but I prefer a more consistent appearance.

That would fit perfectly in my next build - 2HB and a P-90 in the middle.  Would take out most the middle leaving a sweet body around it.

So did they finish it that way or something? This kind of thing appears frequently on laminate tops that were bookmatched from wood that had sapwood along the edge, but that doesn't appear to be sapwood on this top. There is no change in the grain pattern. Or am I totally unfamiliar with Maple sapwood?

When you are working with figured virginiawood, it is important to select a piece that has been properly dried. It is naturally quite moist. :blob7:
(Also, LOL@ the way *that particular word* gets censored on this forum. :doh:)

Those weird sapwood streaks seem to be highly desirable on the matched back pieces used on uber-expensive acoustic guitars. (Uber rhymes with "Goober" IMO). Looks awful to me, but tastes vary. A lot.

Back