Question about identifying Stratocaster

Michaelga

I purchased a Stratocaster about 1.5 years ago. I think it was assembled from different parts. The neck as American. When I looked up the serial number, the description is a Seafood green Strat. Mine is white. Is there a serial number on the body I can user to identify it? I'm planning to sell it once my Warmoth build is finished. I want to know what it is I have. I want to get an idea on what price to advertise.

Michael

Not sure ... Only resource I know of is a r derocher s (not sure of spelling) book on the Stratocaster. Or maybe you could call fender.  I've called them with measurement questions and they always had an answer.  Might be worth a shot.

Go on Reverb or eBay and see if any of the listed bodies (pickup routing, stickers, mount holes, etc)  match yours.  But, even if it did visually match, it's still sketchy to sell it as the real deal unless you're absolutely sure

rick2 said:
Not sure ... Only resource I know of is a r derocher s (not sure of spelling) book on the Stratocaster. Or maybe you could call fender.  I've called them with measurement questions and they always had an answer.  Might be worth a shot.

A.R. Ducchossoir

For the OP, as the parts are relatively recent you might be better off to part out the guitar.

stratamania said:
rick2 said:

A.R. Ducchossoir

For the OP, as the parts are relatively recent you might be better off to part out the guitar.
How much would you ask for the parts?
Would you part out the body and neck, or also include the loaded pick guard?

Michael

Put it on eBay.  Set a reserve you think is reasonable.  Look at old auctions and sales to get an idea.

I would part it out as body separate to the neck and also for the other main parts. I suppose a neck including tuners would be a unit to sell.

But the point is you are not sure of the provenance of the body and the neck together so selling it as a whole guitar is how do you explain it.

You could offer the body with or without pickguard as options.

For prices look for completed listings that have sold to get an idea of what to ask for.

Back