Push/Push Strat Knobs Wanted

GuitarMadCap

I’m having trouble finding Push/Push Strat Knobs. Warmoth sells the Push/Push pots but not the knobs as far as I can tell. I’ve checked all the usual places but am still getting nothing.

Any recommendations?

The knobs are not different for standard push/push pots.

However, Fender sells a pot with a push/push switch in the middle called the S-1 switch. you can buy matching plastic parts that say volume or there is a metal knob and cap that is only available in chrome.

Thanks! I’ll check the Fender site. Not sure why I didn’t check with them. I was chatting with them yesterday about pickups anyway.

I have a push/push on my Vintera 50s Mod Strat and it works well and sounds great with the two extra options. I would think the wiring for that will be pretty straight forward.

The Strat-style knobs we sell 100% fit our Push-Push pots.
Do you sell the knobs with the push button? I see the push/push pots but not the push/push knobs. Maybe I’m not using the correct terminology. Here is a photo of my Strat with the kind of knob I’m looking for. The volume knob has a button in the center of the knob to press/depress.

Attachments

• IMG_6845.jpeg
    IMG_6845.jpeg
    790.8 KB · Views: 2
So, a regular Fender knob will work with the push/push pots on the Warmoth site? How does that work since there is no button to push in the center of the knob?

My recommendation is use a miniswitch.
The push / push works just like it says ... push it down you get one setting, push it down again you get the other.

It must be on a spring loaded mechanism of some sort which would lead me to the conclusion that the knob always sticks out a little further from the pickguard than a standard knob. I might still prefer this idea to a mini switch which I find to be a little awkward to flip in a hurry.

It must be on a spring loaded mechanism of some sort which would lead me to the conclusion that the knob always sticks out a little further from the pickguard than a standard knob. I might still prefer this idea to a mini switch which I find to be a little awkward to flip in a hurry.
Yeah I think they are spring loaded

What you’re asking about is the Fender S1 knob as noted. It only functions with the S1 pot.

A push/ push pot uses a std knob, and it doesn’t sit any higher. It’s a latching switch unlike a push/ pull pot.

A push/ push pot uses a std knob, and it doesn’t sit any higher. It’s a latching switch unlike a push/ pull pot.
Interesting. I just looked at all of my standard Strat knobs and they all sit practically flush on the pickguard with very little space between the underside of the knob and top of the pickguard. I’m extremely intrigued by the push/push knob if it looks exactly like a standard knob. I’m sold!

When it's pushed "in" to its standard position, your knob should be the same height as any other on your guitar (provided you use the washers and nuts to set it properly during install), but when you then Push it to engage whatever fancy wiring you've implemented, it does pop out an 1/8" or maybe 3/16" further from the surface. Same as Push-Pull pot, just without the pulling.

when you then Push it to engage whatever fancy wiring you've implemented, it does pop out an 1/8" or maybe 3/16" further from the surface. Same
This makes sense. I figured there would have to be a change in height to engage or disengage the wiring. Thanks for clarifying!

However, Fender sells a pot with a push/push switch in the middle called the S-1 switch. you can buy matching plastic parts that say volume or there is a metal knob and cap that is only available in chrome.
Finding specific guitar parts can sometimes be a challenge, especially when it comes to less common items like Push/Push strat knobs. I think you are better of with the fender ones, just be mindful of the value.

Finding specific guitar parts can sometimes be a challenge, especially when it comes to less common items like Push/Push strat knobs. I think you are better of with the fender ones, just be mindful of the value.

He is not. If he only needs a standard push push pot.

An S1 is a specific pot with specific knobs and not needed for this purpose.

Back