My first Warmoth build. A Stratojazzter.

Hey everyone,

I've been poking around this forum while I waited for my Jazzmaster body to show up. I've always wanted an offset guitar, but I've always stayed away because I wasn't a fan of the hardware that generally comes with them. I ordered up a Wenge neck with stainless frets for main Strat, and was left with a neck that plays wonderfully. Instead of selling it, I decided to build this up.

It's an Alder Jazzmaster body that's drilled for an American Hardtail Strat bridge. The Strat that's getting the Wenge neck has Fishman Fluence single coil pickups, and I love them to death, but I really wanted to this guitar to contrast it sound wise. The goal is to really push for a low gain classic Strat sound, and let it be noisy when it needs to be. ha

Plans:
Tru Oil Finish
Custom Shop 69 Pickups wired to a master tone (Can I gilmour mod a master tone?)
I'm rigging up a .1 and a .022 capacitor to a switch is can toggle between the two.
CTS 250k pots
Fender American Standard Flat Mount Bridge
Aged White Strat Plastic
White single ply guard (a little bummed that it's beveled, but I'll live)

I'll post updates as it comes together!

IMG_6200.jpegIMG_6201.jpegIMG_6202.jpegIMG_6203.jpeg

Snazzy! Personally I think a natural finish on alder can be a little unexciting; perhaps you can add a dab of ordinary artists' oil paint to your Tru-Oil to give it some color? Amber, blue, whatever. But obviously you should do what makes you happy, I'm just some rando on the internet. I'm happy for your new adventure! This is so much fun. May you enjoy great success and learn a lot, but not by making egregious mistakes!

Snazzy! Personally I think a natural finish on alder can be a little unexciting; perhaps you can add a dab of ordinary artists' oil paint to your Tru-Oil to give it some color? Amber, blue, whatever. But obviously you should do what makes you happy, I'm just some rando on the internet. I'm happy for your new adventure! This is so much fun. May you enjoy great success and learn a lot, but not by making egregious mistakes!
I get where you're coming from, but I love me some understated guitars. ha, I'm actually trying to replicate a guitar that a friend is letting me borrow. It's his dad's 80s Strat. The Tru oil should match the body up nicely with the neck, and I can always add some sort of dye if the first light coat doesn't do what I'm hoping. Excited to slowly see it come together!Screen Shot 2023-05-21 at 9.08.04 AM.png

Last edited:
Back